Earlier this week I thought I'd try out a new feature (not weekly, mind you), inspired by my friend Elizabeth, called Ten on Tuesday. It's like Five on Friday only twice as long. Obviously, that did not work out! It's been a month since I last wrote a post, so I'm going to be happy with baby steps!
1. We started school last week.
Last year it took me a full week to get
back into the swing of things after our Christmas break before we really commenced
our studies and got down to business. But, we don't have that luxury this year. At least, not if
we don't want to be "doing school" all summer long. I don't. Of course, Sam had to join in the fun too.
2. I made pumpkin oatmeal earlier in the week on an unusually cool and cloudy morning, and used up the last of the homemade pumpkin butter in our fridge. I freeze what I know we can't eat within a reasonable amount of time so there are a few containers waiting for us later this year when fall arrives (it keeps amazingly well in the deep freeze in case you are wondering). I use Deb's recipe as my foundation, but I cut the sugar. And the cloves; not a huge fan of clove. Also, instead of using canned pumpkin I roast the sugar pumpkins that have been sitting on our mantel as decorations all November and adjust the recipe accordingly. It's kind of an all-day process, but I love doing it... is that strange?
3. I always have to check whether I am using the correct spelling for
mantel. I always do, in fact, spell it correctly. But it's just one of
those words... I'm never certain about it.
4. Back in November we learned that Nathan might need glasses.
Over the Thanksgiving break we had him tested, and yes, he did. So, this is now the face I see everyday. Pretty cute, huh? The sides of his frames have little flames, and are oh so him. He takes surprisingly good care of them. Although, the lenses are always dirty.
5. On Monday I will be 32 weeks along in this pregnancy. Yikes! I don't feel quite ready yet, and I suppose that I shouldn't. But, you better believe my nesting instincts are kicking in. I will probably drive Glen nuts the next several weeks with never-ending to-do lists. But that comes with the territory, right?
Well, that's all I've got. A few bits and pieces from life around here. Until next time...