September 20, 2014

looking back

I've meaning to write this post for a couple of weeks now. As it sat on the back burner of my mind this week, I remembered why I haven't blogged very much lately. Because at the end of the day, I am just so very tired. It's a good tired; the kind that comes from having accomplished quite a lot in one day. We finished our third week of school yesterday and things are going well, but it is an adjustment from our summer schedule to be sure. And I know it will be a couple more weeks before we truly find our rhythm.

Before the seasons change completely, because even if the weather around here doesn't my mindset certainly does, I thought I'd share a few summer pages with you. We didn't do everything we had hoped to, but we did have a wonderful summer. Full, and happy. 

This first page is based on a sketch I created some years ago, long before the pocket page scrapbooking craze began. This grid arrangement comes about very naturally though, since a 3x4 is simply a 4x6 cut in half.


I wanted to make a page documenting the boys enjoying some of the some sweet treats I made for them this summer using both our Zoku pop maker and a traditional ice cream machine. I included one photo of each and replaced the other photo spaces with 3x4 cards.


I printed the journaling on a 3x4 card and trimmed it slightly so that there would be a border of color underneath it. Then I embellished it very simply with a sticker and some washi tape.

Next up is a favorite of mine. A layout I made of Gabe and Nathan and a yearly summertime ritual. Our neighbor has several lemon trees in her backyard and their branches extend just a tad over onto our side of the fence. The boys love to collect lemons for mommy to use in cooking (or making lemonade or lemon bars).


The title for this layout is a bit tongue-in-cheek because the truth is that our neighbor lets them collect as many lemons as they want. And believe me, they collect quite a few lemons! In the summer I never have to buy lemons at the grocery store since they keep me well stocked.


I kept the layout very simple; just a trio of photos, a few strips of pattern paper and a smattering of stickers and brads to embellish the page.

As I just mentioned, I made a lot of fun frozen treats this summer. Sam is allergic to egg whites, and many other things as well, but he can have egg yolks. So while cakes and cookies are out the question for now (I have started trying out a few egg-free baking recipes), ice cream remains an option for dessert. And Sam is always up for a sweet frozen treat. This last layout is all about him:


I used a decorative polaroid-style frame from the Good Day Sunshine Bit & Pieces ephemera pack to highlight the photo of him giggling. Again, I kept the design quite simple. Just a few strips of paper and stickers along the bottom of the page and a smattering of embellishments.

These photos were taken just before he got a haircut and so you can see that his hair is a little wild, but I think it’s cute!



He’s enjoying a bowl of honey ice cream. It was so delicious, and he loved it so much, he was practically licking the bowl!

Alright, please excuse any typos. It's been a long week, and I just want to get this posted! I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I love your simple and classically beautiful style! Always love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda! That is very kind of you to say.

      And, it is nice to "see" you. =)

      Delete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...