August 23, 2014

a change in seasons

This morning I woke up at 6:00 AM and had to pull our comforter up over myself. I figured if it was that chilly I could afford to sleep in a bit before getting up for my Saturday morning run. I usually get up at seven, and this morning sleeping in constituted about 15 minutes. But still.

When I finally did make it out the door I noticed a distinct chill in the air. And it made me think, wishfully, that fall might be just around the corner.

The thing is, around here it will stay warm for quite some time. Not really cooling down until mid to late November. Sometimes even later. But we'll get these cool, even chilly days from time to time that trick you into thinking otherwise.

For now, I'm just going to enjoy the mild weather and the beautiful day. And be thankful for it all.

Happy Saturday, friends.

2 comments:

  1. I recently had the same "changing seasons!" feeling and relished it. But I'm still relishing the warm weather, too. To everything a season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky that you're having a bit of coolness! We are in southern Orange County and it isn't below 70 even at night, hoping to feel a chill soon but doubt it will happen before Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...