May 21, 2014

Scrapbook Generation's CREATE Magazine

http://alissafast.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345250ba69e201a73dc3f4ec970d-400wi 

Are you familiar with Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine? It is a free monthly digital magazine which focuses on sketches. Each month they feature a manufacturer's design team and this month's issue featured Simple Stories. I have both a layout and a tag included in this month's issue and thought I'd share them with you today.


If you look at the original sketch, you'll see that I simplified the design quite a bit. I wanted to keep most of the elements the same, but still wanted the finished layout to reflect my own personal style. That can be tricky sometimes when using sketches made by others. And yeah, I'm going to insert a plug for my workshop here, I will be covering this topic in class because I think it is one of the biggest questions that scrapbookers have when using sketches.

Here is the tag I created:


The little watering can on the tag above is from the chipboard stickers from Homespun. I used the title pieces from that set on a layout, but probably would not have ever used this watering can on one. And honestly, isn't that true for a lot of embellishments? You like parts, but not all, of a package of brads or chipboard, or whatever. Tags and cards are a great way to use up those little bits and pieces of embellishments that you might not use on a layout. A simple gift can be made very special with the addition of a handmade tag or card, and in my experience people really do seem to appreciate something handmade.

You can see the original sketches that inspired these projects along with lots of other inspiration from both the Scrapbook Generation team and Simple Stories in this month's issue. Again, it is available for free to view either online or you can download a PDF.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...