March 4, 2014

What are you reading this Lent?

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, and I'll go ahead and confess that I have spent the last week, eating all the chocolate. Yeah.

I don't generally make big Lenten goals or plans. I really do try to keep it simple, and this year is no exception. I plan on re-reading two books that I first read many years ago; both are by one of my favorite Catholic authors, Frank Sheed.

Theology for Beginners

A Map of Life

I don't currently have the words to express how much I love Sheed's writing. I'm looking forward to getting back to the basics, in a beautiful and meaningful way.

I also have a copy of this year's Magnificat Lenten companion:


I like to read this first thing in the morning and meditate on the reading throughout the day. The meditations are short and while it is something I can do quickly, it helps to put me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day. The paper edition is sold out, but you can buy an electronic version too. And the Kindle version is only $0.99.

Before I go, here is a great post by Leila with her suggestions for Lent.

That's all I have the energy for tonight. It is bedtime and we have a full day tomorrow. Do you have any reading plans for this Lenten season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...