March 20, 2014

two times two


It was my turn to host the blog at Simple Stories recently, and two of the projects I shared were created using variations of sketches from my eBook, Stretch Your Sketches 2. Both featured grids but in slightly different ways.


In the first layout above, I replaced most of the photos in the original sketch with the new Insta-Squares that were released with Homespun:

http://simplestories.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a6a1e222970c01a3fafd648b970b-450wi

Each pack includes cards sized at 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 inches. They were designed to be used with the new Insta-Pocket Pages which were released this past CHA, but the design team has had a lot of fun using them on traditional layouts too. These little pre-cut squares make it so easy and fun to create your own customized patterned paper grid that this is a technique I will likely use again.

Switching gears just a bit, grids are also a great way to fit a lot of otherwise mixed-up photos onto a page. Up until a couple of weeks ago I still hadn't scrapbooked any of our past Christmas photos and really wanted to make something before too much time passed. I used the Simple Basics Kit from  December Documented as the foundation for my page.


I feel silly saying this over and over again, but I love the Simple Basics packs. They are always the first of any collection kit to get used up. I think the chalkboard background worked really well here since it is fairly neutral. With all the busyness in the photos I wanted to keep the rest of the layout rather simple.


I took a few highlight photos from the season and created a photo grid on an 8x10 canvas, added my title and finished with some very simple embellishments. It didn't take me very long at all to put this layout together and now we have at least one layout documenting our Christmas.

I happen to really like using grids, but don't use them as often as I should. Because honestly, whenever I do use them I can't help but think how darn easy they make the whole process! How about you, do you like using grids? Do they make things easier for you or more difficult? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

Speaking of, I really appreciate those of you who read and comment and send me emails, especially considering I am quite the irregular blogger! Thank you for stopping by and spending your time with me.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful layouts... I can't wait to your class to start !

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...