March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


First, a happy greeting. My new favorite shape might just be this little clover.

We'll be celebrating this feast day by reading this:

Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland

and completing a few of the activities in this St. Patrick Activity Kit.

I'll be attempting this recipe for brown bread. Only because it's the closest thing I've seen to what I used to eat when I lived in Ireland. For dinner we're having bangers, roasted turnips and carrot batons for dinner. No mash because I have the only children in America who do not like mashed potatoes. Seriously. And the carrot batons? Well, I had many a carrot baton in the time I lived in Ireland. Never once did I have corned beef and cabbage. Also, mommy and daddy may or may not enjoy a glass of Carolans. You know, maybe.


If you'd like to learn more about this great saint and why we have a feast day to celebrate his witness of Christ visit Catholic Culture's page on St. Patrick.

1 comment:

  1. How neat that you lived in Ireland. I hope to one day visit there. I am making Bangers and Mash tonight too. My kids love potatoes! They better!! Being they have a bit of Irish in them (I am almost 1/2 Irish). ;)

    I love your card!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...