February 26, 2014

because it's never too late...


to say I love you. A little cheesy, I know. But yikes, February has seemingly come and gone and I haven't been around much. I tried writing this post early last week and was interrupted oh, about a gajillion times, and so just abandoned the effort altogether. But I was almost done and so I will give it another go.

Such a simple post too, just sharing a few cards I made for the Simple Stories blog a couple of weeks ago. A handful of us were asked to work with products from Petaloo and I decided to make a set of very easy cards. I wanted to keep these designs simple, first of all, to save time. Secondly, because the flowers from Petaloo are quite realistic and they have a little more dimension than products that I typically use. I didn't want the cards to be so visually overwhelming (at least, that was the goal!)


We were asked to work with the Homespun Collection and it really was the perfect match for the Petaloo flowers. I think only other paper lovers will understand, but that polka dot paper with the navy on teal, I sort of love it.

The smaller pockets from the new DIY Collection are the perfect size for holding gift cards. I removed the centers of the flowers below with wire cutters and used brads in their place. These truly only take a few minutes to put together.

 
Finally, a simple layered tag.


I admitted to still loving butterflies not too long ago. I also really like using stems of leaves as a layer for cards. I have a few favorites from the Silhouette shop and am always looking for new ones.

I know, it's not much of a post, but that's all I've got for now. Must go make breakfast and get a start on our day.

2 comments:

  1. Your cards and tag are adorable! I completely understand your love of the polka dot paper I "may" have bought several (or more) of it last week when it arrived at my lss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have purchased a couple of extra sheets too. =)

      Delete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...