January 27, 2014

pocket cards


My latest card obsession, pockets. I made a series of this type of card several months ago with my favorite of the group shown above (you can see the other two variations in my gallery, here & here). I wanted to play with this idea a bit more and a few weeks ago I did. The first two I made using Daily Grind.



Then I made another one using some papers from Pebbles,


and layered my favorite butterfly shape as an accent. I'll admit to feeling a bit self-conscious about using these butterflies over and over again. But, I just really like how they look layered with different papers. And they make me happy. So I will keep using them.

The card bases were cut from a library pocket file which I re-sized to fit 4x6 photos. You have to chop a bit off the top but that is easy enough using the knife tool in the silhouette software. I made them with the idea of sending photos to grandparents and other relatives along with a handwritten note or hand drawn picture. Grandmas and grandpas love handwritten notes. Or so I am told.

***********

We're having a slow start to our Monday; which is nothing particularly new. We are all sick with a cold and I didn't get as much done this weekend as I'd have liked. It puts us a bit behind before the week has even started. Fortunately, daddy has Friday off this week and we have something special planned. Gives me a little something to look forward to.

Here's hoping your week is off to a better start than mine. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...