June 26, 2013

summer memories


So I believe I promised to post a layout today. I made this one for Sketchy Thursday on the Pebbles blog a couple of weeks back. You can see the sketch that inspired my layout, here.

Most of the time when I work with a sketch I follow it pretty closely. Especially if it is one I have made myself. Every now and then however I like to use a sketch more for a starting point of inspiration rather than as an exact blueprint. For the layout above I looked at the sketch only once or twice to get an idea of the main design elements before I began creating.


I knew I wanted to use this photo of Gabe and Sam together at the Safari Park. Aren't they cute? Big brother and little brother... and oh my, Sam does love his big brother.

I began by converting the photo to black and white so that it wouldn't clash with the colors of the Lakeside collection (which is absolutely gorgeous, as I mentioned yesterday). Here is a sampling of all the patterns:


When I first saw the collection online I didn't take to it right away. I thought some of the patterns were okay, but I wasn't too sure about the pink, and the camping theme (we are not campers just yet). But once I saw all the colors and patterns in person, well, I did in fact fall in love. It really isn't too theme-y, and the pinks are balanced by the greens and blues, and to round it out are the pretty gray and brown wood grain prints. I already have more than one favorite paper...yeah, it has totally grown on me. =)

Back to the layout, the journaling card to the right of the photo adds a pop of color, and to keep things simple I used one of the printed chipboard pieces as a title. I am all about keeping things simple these days.

I don't know if you've noticed, but since the release of Seen & Noted (otherwise known as my all-time favorite Pebbles collection) most of the collections have come with these coordinating journaling cards:


Included is a mix of 4x6 and 3x4 designs, and they are doubled-sided. While obviously designed with Project Life in mind they are great on layouts and cards too. I sort of love them. Especially that orange one I used above. Kind of proud of myself for actually using it and not saving it. Something I am definitely getting better at, let me tell you. Although, perhaps another day. Right now I am going to eat peach crisp and watch Inspector Lewis with my husband.

Until next time. =)

1 comment:

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...