June 6, 2013

June Gloom

Having a gloomy kind of morning here. And I kind of like that. I find the constant sunshine of Southern California to be, well, oppressive sometimes. Have I said that before? 'Cause I feel like I'm repeating myself. You need a cloudy day every now and again. In May and June we get quite a few cloudy days, or rather mornings. In the end, the afternoon sun beats through the clouds and ends up winning. But I'll take what I can get.

I've got two boys that are sick and one that's been in a kind of funk lately. I'm not gonna say who is who or name names. I'm hoping it all resolves itself soon. I'm sure it will.

Lately I've just been trying to take it one day at a time. We've got about three more weeks of school left to finish everything up, and I'm really concentrating on ending our first homeschool year on a high note. So that is where a lot of my energies have been focused recently. I keep meaning to stop in and post something, but by the end of the day - I'm pooped!

So, this is just a little note to say, hello. I'll see you again soon. ish. I hope. =)

3 comments:

  1. That is EXACTLY how I felt the year we lived in California. I think I even took a picture for a photo-a-day the first time it rained (maybe the only time?) I am very dependent on the four seasons for my mental health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up in South Texas I am certainly no stranger to the constant sunshine. But, we did have pretty amazing thunder and rainstorms, and winters that required the occasional wearing of a coat. Here you barely need sweaters! And scarves are merely a fashion statement.

      I think Glen suffers the most really. Poor New Jersey boy that he is. =) He misses seasons, especially winter. May Gray and June Gloom are his favorite things about San Diego. =)

      Delete
  2. I can't say I know how it feels to NOT want sun. ;) But I am feeling a bit of "beginning" of summer gloom. Lots going on. Hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...