June 25, 2013

hello


Hello out there! Six more days of school guys. Six more days. Trying to tie up all the loose ends, as they say. We're getting there and then we are going to enjoy a much needed break. Well, I know I will be enjoying the much needed break.


Yesterday was Mix and Match Monday on the Pebbles blog. I've been wanting to create a set of cards with the Basics Cardmaking Pads using a common foundation and color scheme. As part of the collection there are coordinating Phrase and Sentiment stickers in all of the colors. These stickers sheets are one of my all-time favorite products. They are only $1.99 a sheet and are perfect for both cards and layouts. My favorite color combinations are the Aqua & Green as well as the Honeycomb & Melon.

I chose Apricot (which is the melon color in the stickers), Aqua and Leaf (this matches the green stickers) colored bases and then added patterns from Walnut Grove and Lakeside. The base of each card is created from a piece of patterned paper matted on white cardstock then layered with a shipping tag and doily. Once the bases were completed I added elements such as chipboard and the die-cut pieces. I finished each card with a sentiment sticker in a contrasting but complementary color.


I have said before that I am not a fast scrapbooker. I like making cards because they have always been something that I can finish quickly. For some reason I just don't agonize over design choices as much I suppose. These cards came together even quicker than usual though. Once I had decided on my base design, putting the details together was fun and fast. And I haven't mentioned this yet, but Lakeside, it's gorgeous. Really, it is such a beautiful collection and one I know I'll be using a lot this summer. I'll be back tomorrow with a layout using Lakeside. I know. Blogging two days in a row. Amazing.

Until then. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...