February 28, 2013

I think...

this is the longest I've ever gone without blogging.  Are you sensing a pattern here?  I knew January and February were going to be busy for our family, but I had no idea.  And the breather I was hoping for a couple of weeks ago, it never arrived.  There is so much to say, and yet, not much to say, and so I'll just leave you with a couple of recent projects I did for the Pebbles blog before I head off for bed.

This first layout uses the new Basics collection:

{supply list}

I don't talk about this much, but color is a huge inspiration for me in my scrapbooking.  When I first saw the sneaks for this collection on the Pebbles blog in January, I fell in love immediately.

I wanted to do something fun with all of of the colors in this collection and play with them a bit, but still stay true to my style.  I decided to cut the star pattern on this page with my Silhouette using a kraft cardstock and then use different colors and patterns to back the empty spaces in some of the stars.  On the right-hand side of the page I used the Honeycomb Mini Dot paper; yellow is my current favorite color and it offset the blue Sam is wearing in the photos.  I don't usually make very fiddly layouts like this, the background stars were kind of tedious to cut, but I was pretty happy with how this turned out.

By the way, you can find the cut file for the star background in the Silhouette shape store, here.

This next layout features Love You More:

{supply list}

This layout is about Nathan and his love of snacks.  Oh my.  This boy and snacks.  I don't know how many layouts I have of this boy eating snacks, a few.  Honestly, I think it is his favorite part of the day!  I sometimes say that he is a picky eater, but he really isn't.  Although compared to rest of us he is picky...  Really, he is more picky about when he eats.  Snack time is my chance to sneak some nutrients and calories into this little guy. And yes, he likes to enjoy his snacks with friends.  See Blue and his storm trooper in the background, they might be hard to see.  I'm in love with the bold colors and the designs of the Love You More collection.  So perfect for my little boys, and perfect for documenting this sweet moment.

I hope you have a great weekend!!  Until next time.  =)

1 comment:

  1. I hear you...my blogging has been really lacking lately!! I love how clean an graphic your layouts are!!! Love being on this team with you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...