January 25, 2013

Vintage Bliss pocket cards


I feel like I need to come out of hibernation... or something.  I know I've been a rather abysmal blogger these last two months or so.  What can I say?  I've had so much to do, and I suppose when things get a little crazy, this place is the first to suffer.  Which is as it should be.  But, it is a new year, and we are beginning, finally, to settle into routines.  Getting back into our studies, slowly but surely.

On Monday, I had two very simple but fun projects up on the Simple Stories blog.  We are having a blog swap together with Scor-Pal and they very generously sent me one their scoring boards to use for these cards.  The cards were made using various elements that measure 3x4 inches - the Journaling Card Elements and Bingo Cards from Vintage Bliss, and pockets from the Sn@p! collection.


The pink and the teal pockets work perfectly with the new collection.  And you'll notice too, that I mixed in a few papers from Color Vibe

The cardstock base of the cards measure 4.5 inches high, by 10.5 inches wide.  Using the Scor-Pal I scored the cards every 3.5 inches.  This gave each section a quarter inch border; space that is needed to allow the cards to close easily.  This is important since the flower and butterfly on the pocket pages do have some dimension.


The great thing about the Core Collection is that it coordinates so well with the other Simple Stories collections.  In the image above you'll see that I added one of the label stickers underneath the butterfly.

I also made rosettes for the front of both cards.  I have made these by hand before, a long time ago.  They are so much easier to make using a scoring board.  Fun too! 


They are a little addicting actually, and I feel like I could just keep on making them.  Even if I don't have a particular use for them right away.  My husband thinks I'm a little crazy when I admit to things like that, but I know you understand. =)  Truly though, they make great embellishments for cards and scrapbook pages.


Above, I used the Teal Dot paper to make the rosette for this card.  That is one of my favorite sheets of paper.  I love the mix of colors in Vintage Bliss.  Yes, there is pink, but there is also the prettiest green, teal, yellow and gray.  I adore the touch of gray.


Just being honest here, but I probably won't use this collection much to make scrapbook pages.  I mean, I live in a house full of boys... and did you see the others collections released this time around, 24/Seven and Urban Traveler?  Hello!!  But even though I am a mom to three little boys doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty of this collection - and it is beautiful, gorgeous in fact.  I think these cards would be great for so many occasions:  Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or Easter.  You could include a gift card in the pocket, or a short note, or wallet-sized photos.  Lots of possibilities.  I had a lot of fun making them and playing with colors I don't work with often.  I'm sure I'll be making more cards and projects with it in the future.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...