December 24, 2012

very last minute Christmas card ideas...

Merry Christmas_Donna Jannuzzi_1

Although, you know, Christmas starts tomorrow.  And the celebration continues for some weeks.  If you haven't made or sent a card to those you love, it is not too late.  I made the projects I'm sharing today for the Simple Stories blog.  I happen to love poinsettias.  I grew up in South Texas and they instantly remind me of Christmas.  I fell in love with this one and wanted to use it for a card.  Because it is such a bold flower, I kept the rest of the card very simple, and simple is good this time of year!

Next up, I made these gift card holders.  I wanted to challenge myself to use the Sn@p! line for Christmas.  I think the combination of the gray, red, green, and aqua is a fun twist on traditional Christmas colors.

Gift Cards_Donna Jannuzzi_1
I used the basic pockets from Sn@p! but you could use any of the 3x4 pockets.

Gift Card close-up2
I also used various papers from the Life Basics and Color Vibe 6x6 paper pads along with a couple of Sn@p! Life Stickers.

Gift Card close-up1
The 3x4 pockets happen to be the perfect size for gift cards and these were super-quick to put together.  I think these would be fun stocking stuffers, don't you think?

I am almost done with all of my Christmas preparations.  I'm done with my baking, presents are almost all wrapped (still need to do daddy's!), and if I get a chance I'm going to make cannoli shells and the filling today... otherwise, it can wait until Wednesday. =) For now, I'm going to enjoy a late breakfast with my husband.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. hi donna, came over to check out what you've been up too. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about you too Pearl. Sent you an email. =)

      Delete
  2. you make the best cards.
    shh...don't tell the other cardmakers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Emily, and very sweet!

      And your secret is safe with me. =)

      Delete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...