December 13, 2012

Document Christmas 2012 Cover

Document Christmas Cover_1

Today on the Simple Stories blog the team has paired up with Helmar Adhesives and we are doing a blog swap.  You should stop by, of course, as there will be prizes given away and lots of Christmas inspiration from the team; tomorrow too.

I was lucky enough to be sent an assortment of Helmar's products and the timing was such that I decided to put them to use to finally finish the cover to my Document Christmas album.  You might remember that I couldn't decide between the red and the brown binding.  At first I wanted to go non-traditional, but then at the last minute after putting my color scheme together I knew I had to go with the red.


I'm using Simple Stories' Handmade Holiday as the base of my album's design and then I'm mixing in bits and pieces from my stash to add hints of black, kraft, silver and gold.  It took me a while, but I finally came up with a simple design that I love.  I've mentioned before that I like to keep the covers of my mini albums flat since I store them on the same shelves as my other scrapbook albums.  So while I wanted to play with layers, ultimately I chose to keep them to a minimum.  Two of my current favorite things did make the cut, doilies and snowflakes.


To adhere the decorate flair button to my album I removed the foam adhesive backing that it originally came with and used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive instead.  I'm pretty sure that button is on there now for good!  Honestly, the foam adhesive that usually comes with embellishments is fine for layouts, but I've always found that for mini albums or cards you need something stronger.

I kept the cover raw too, since the kraft coordinates with a couple of kraft patterned papers I plan on including in the album.  Also, I thought the black and white striped ribbon was a perfect accent for the cover since it also pulls from my color scheme so the whole thing ties together very nicely.  The snowflake was cut using my Silhouette Cameo and I misted it with Studio Calico's Mister Huey Shine to add a pretty silver sparkle.  If you turn the album to just the right angle, you can see how it really does shine.

Snowflake sparkle_1

If you'd like to find that particular snowflake, it is part of this design.

I want to give a big thank you to Helmar for the great adhesives they gave our team to work with, they were very generous.  Also, thank you for stopping by today.  Are you doing a special album to document your December or Christmas?

1 comment:

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...