I know, I know, just yesterday I was writing about documenting Christmas, and yet, what did I say? That I didn't want to rush through this season. Well, I don't. There are still two weeks left in this month, and I fully plan on taking advantage of what remains of our fall. So today I thought I'd do a slight twist on the five on Friday theme, and share five things this week for which I am thankful.
1. I'm thankful... it's Friday! The past two weeks have been a little rough around here. Three sick boys, a mommy that has not been fully sick - just under the weather, and a very, very busy daddy. But! Deadlines have been met, we are all on the mend, and the weekend waits for us. There is nothing to complain about here.
2. Speaking of yesterday, I am blown away, blown away, by the comments. This is a humble little blog, and I'm not naive, the pull of a free Sn@p! December Daily prize pack is a pretty big one. =) But, I can tell from reading the comments that what I posted resonated with a lot of you. That means so much to me. This time of year there is so much pressure to get so much done; it can be overwhelming. Today I am thankful to be a part of the amazing Simple Stories design team, and to have opportunities such as the one yesterday to reach and inspire so many people. Being a part of this team, from day one, has been a true blessing in my life.
3. With everything that has gone on in the last two weeks, and I mean in a larger worldly sense here, it has made me more aware of all the little things that I take for granted everyday. This week the weather got a little colder. Of course, it is Southern California, and cold is a relative term. But I grew up in South Texas and it doesn't take much to give me a chill. There was a moment this week, when I was lying in bed, and I was cold. For a moment, I was annoyed by this. And it really was just a small moment, a second or two, and I thought immediately of all those without power, without their homes, those who have lost loved ones... This week I am thankful to have a roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in at night.
4. More scrapbooking thankfulness, and a little inspiration too. I am also thankful for the opportunity to work for Pebbles, Inc. If you had told me in January that I'd be working for not one, but two manufacturers this year, I would not have believed you. It has been a pretty amazing year. On Monday, I had a few cards featured on the blog. Our challenge was to mix and match various lines when creating our projects. I combined Seen and Noted with Walnut Grove and came up with these three cards.
I started off by making two fall inspired cards, hence the leaves. Then, I couldn't help myself and had to make one with a butterfly too!
thought these butterflies made the perfect cheerful accompaniment to the "enjoy your
day" sentiment sticker. And gosh, those Seen and Noted papers just make me smile. Back to the leaves, if you're interested, you can find the file I used, here.
5. Finally, I'm thankful that the baby is napping again. (And yes, he just so happens to be napping right now.) Oh, man. Last week when he was sick, when he most needed to nap, he didn't. It was hard. He is feeling better and has been napping great this week. It has made such a difference... in both his mood and mine.
I hope this has been a good week for you too.
Until next time, what are you thankful for?