November 16, 2012

five on Friday

I know, I know, just yesterday I was writing about documenting Christmas, and yet, what did I say?  That I didn't want to rush through this season.  Well, I don't.  There are still two weeks left in this month, and I fully plan on taking advantage of what remains of our fall.  So today I thought I'd do a slight twist on the five on Friday theme, and share five things this week for which I am thankful.

1.  I'm thankful... it's Friday!  The past two weeks have been a little rough around here.  Three sick boys, a mommy that has not been fully sick - just under the weather, and a very, very busy daddy.  But!  Deadlines have been met, we are all on the mend, and the weekend waits for us.  There is nothing to complain about here.

2.  Speaking of yesterday,  I am blown away, blown away, by the comments.  This is a humble little blog, and I'm not naive, the pull of a free Sn@p! December Daily prize pack is a pretty big one. =)  But, I can tell from reading the comments that what I posted resonated with a lot of you.  That means so much to me.  This time of year there is so much pressure to get so much done; it can be overwhelming.  Today I am thankful to be a part of the amazing Simple Stories design team, and to have opportunities such as the one yesterday to reach and inspire so many people.  Being a part of this team, from day one, has been a true blessing in my life.

3.  With everything that has gone on in the last two weeks, and I mean in a larger worldly sense here, it has made me more aware of all the little things that I take for granted everyday.  This week the weather got a little colder.  Of course, it is Southern California, and cold is a relative term.  But I grew up in South Texas and it doesn't take much to give me a chill.  There was a moment this week, when I was lying in bed, and I was cold.  For a moment, I was annoyed by this.  And it really was just a small moment, a second or two, and I thought immediately of all those without power, without their homes, those who have lost loved ones...  This week I am thankful to have a roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in at night.

4.  More scrapbooking thankfulness, and a little inspiration too.  I am also thankful for the opportunity to work for Pebbles, Inc.  If you had told me in January that I'd be working for not one, but two manufacturers this year, I would not have believed you.  It has been a pretty amazing year.  On Monday, I had a few cards featured on the blog.  Our challenge was to mix and match various lines when creating our projects.  I combined Seen and Noted with Walnut Grove and came up with these three cards. 



I started off by making two fall inspired cards, hence the leaves.  Then, I couldn't help myself and had to make one with a butterfly too!


I thought these butterflies made the perfect cheerful accompaniment to the "enjoy your day" sentiment sticker.  And gosh, those Seen and Noted papers just make me smile.  Back to the leaves, if you're interested, you can find the file I used, here.

5.  Finally, I'm thankful that the baby is napping again.  (And yes, he just so happens to be napping right now.)  Oh, man.  Last week when he was sick, when he most needed to nap, he didn't.  It was hard.  He is feeling better and has been napping great this week.  It has made such a difference... in both his mood and mine.

I hope this has been a good week for you too. 

Until next time, what are you thankful for?

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful for having my power back! I live on Long Island and we were without power for 11 days and the temperatures in the house went down to 47 degrees. Brrr! Also thankful that gas lines are a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 47 degrees? Yes, that's definitely cold! =)

      Glad your power is back on!

      Delete
  2. Your cards are just lovely! I am new to your blog as I found you via Pinterest. I have been looking for a great leaf die, and I was wondering what die you used for these lovely leaves? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that it is a cut file, not a die, so please disregard my question! :-)

      Delete
    2. We had such a busy day I didn't see your question until just now - but it looks like you figured it out! =)

      I'm glad you like the cards and I hope you'll stop by again!

      Delete
  3. Great cards! Love the bright colors for fall. Thanks for the link to the cut, too! I don't use my Silhouette nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...