November 7, 2012

Fall: Great Adventures


It seems like as soon as Halloween is over, the race for Christmas is on.  At least, that is how it can seem...  I suppose I just can't go along for that ride.  I love this season.  The cooler weather, the trip to the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, the pumpkin flavored  - everything.  We also have two birthdays in this season, and last but not least, Thanksgiving.  I love it all.  And I think you probably love it too.  So I hope it is not too late to share this with you.


You might remember some time ago, the Simple Stories design team shared projects using the the Mix and Match albums, now part of the Sn@p! collection.  You can see my album, here.  At the time, I couldn't decide how to use the dividers that are included as part of the album,


and so I left them out.  But I couldn't throw them away.  Since that time I have had the idea to use them as the foundation for an album.  This seemed like the perfect time to put them to use.

To create the front and back covers for this fall mini I cut two pieces of chipboard and then used Mod Podge to adhere the coordinating journal pages from Harvest Lane to them.


I plan on using the remaining journal pages in the album.  Even though I am not using the binder, I also plan on using the page protectors in this album.


My idea for the design is to keep it simple, but to also play with layers.  With that in mind, and to make it easier for me to work on this as I go, I went ahead and pre-cut all of the 4x6 element cards that are part of the collection.


I also pre-cut a few of the 3x4 inch bingo cards.


I used my Silhouette to cut these folders


When folded they are approximately 6x8 inches and I like how you can see the two patterns contrasted against one another.  All I need to do is punch holes and add them to the album. 

Finally, I cut a few sheets of paper, both from Harvest Lane, and from my stash to include in the album as pages.  You'll see I cut a couple of leaves too.


As of right now, I have only made the foundation of the album.  I'm not going to lie, it is just so busy right now.  I have been trying though, everyday, to make something beautiful.  It does help me to feel more connected to what is important, instead of being overwhelmed with the laundry...  oh, the laundry!  I used to have it under control, but in going from a family of 4 to a family of 5 it does seem to be getting the better of me.  I need to work on it.

But enough of that!  My plan is to make notes as the season continues and then put it all together with photos and everything, honestly, probably in January.  I will not forget it though!  And I'll share it with you when it is finished. 

For now, about that race to Christmas... an admission, I'm working on the foundation for my very first December Daily, of sorts.  I'll explain more next week, about my approach and my inspiration.  I hope you'll join me.

Until next time, have a lovely week!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, it seems that fall is rushed far to much, I think that it is even worse here in Canada because our Thanksgiving is in October, so the day after Halloween, Christmas is out on the shelves and we are being bombarded with holiday ads. I love seeing more fall projects. Very NICE ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad our Thanksgiving is in November... it gives at least a little of speed bump to the full-on madness of the retailers this time of year. But just a little. =)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see how things go together after you start putting things together. At least you have the foundation done so you can get going when you find time. This is when life speed to a blur for me!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...