November 1, 2012

all about... SN@P!


This is a little late, but in case you don't follow the Simple Stories blog, this week is Sn@p! week.  All week long the design team has been sharing projects featuring the new Sn@p! albums.  The projects shared have been nothing short of amazing!  You can see the first post of the week, here, and then follow the links at the top of each post to see each following day.  Also, what you see on the blog is not all that is being shared - some team members have even more images of their albums on their own personal blogs so be sure to follow the links to find even more inspiration. 

Recently it was my turn to host the blog, and today I'd like to share what I've created so far using the new collections.  To start, I took inspiration from the Sn@p! Icon Stickers:


I was drawn to the sheet of stickers on the bottom left, the circles with the graphic designs and bold colors.  I loved the shapes within a circle and made this card to start.


After having made this card with its simple grid, I couldn't get grids out of my head.  I decided to build on that idea and created a grid-style layout with lots of simple layers.


I cut the numbers and icons using my Silhouette Cameo.  The icons are adhered using foam adhesive to add dimension to an otherwise flat page.


For the numbers, I decided to use the negative image of the number and then back that image with papers from the Sn@p! Life Basics 6x6 paper pad.


I still can't get the idea of grids out of my head, and so you might be seeing more of those from me in the coming weeks.  Or at least, a little more structure and hard lines in my designs.  I don't know... lately I feel a pull back to simple...

Finally, since I was having so much fun, and because I happen to love the yellow polka dot that is a part of Sn@p! Color Vibe, I made this card.


The sentiment on the card above was stamped onto one of the label stickers which I trimmed into a flag shape:


I love these.  And now, I know that design team members are always saying how much they love stuff, but I am truly impressed with the quality and price of the sticker packs that are a part of the new Sn@p! line.  The packs are priced at $4.99 and while at first that might seem expensive, they come with eight sheets of stickers which makes each sheet about 62 cents.  I think that is a great price.  Plus, they don't make you choose, you get all the colors... and believe me, you will want all the colors.  =)

I wanted to mention one more thing about the stickers before I go, and that is, they are a matte finish and are perfect for stamping!  It also makes them perfect for Project Life or for layouts since you can easily add some journaling, a short note, or date without worrying about it smudging.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the sn@p line! thanks for sharing your cards and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection. Also, I love the grid design...So cute! I have two boys and this design is perfect for me :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...