October 4, 2012

Wild Berries

Today was Sketchy Thursday at the Pebbles blog; a regular feature where Becky Fleck shares an exclusive sketch with Pebbles.  This month I had the opportunity to work with one of her sketches, and used it to make this layout 


Journaling reads:  The best part of our apple picking trip wasn't the apples, it was finding wild blackberries.  I think Nathan enjoyed this most of all of us, and picked so many berries his hands were stained from the juice for the rest of the day.

These photos were taken last year during our trip to Riley's Farm to pick apples and pears (mostly pears).  I had already made a page of that little adventure, but I hadn't recorded this particular story.  I don't know how well you can see Nathan's hand in that larger photo, but it was covered in blackberry juice.  I'm glad I finally made a page with these photos... they make me happy and definitely bring back the memories of that day.

Of course, you all know that I work with sketches often in my scrapbooking.  I stayed pretty true to the sketch's original design, but I did make a couple of changes.  I think I've said this a gazillion times, but for me, sketches are like a guide to help with design, however they should never limit your creativity.  Don't feel like you have to always stick to a sketch exactly.  I think my finished layout retains the balance and playfulness of the original sketch while also staying true to my own style.  In the end, I was really pleased with how this layout turned out.  It helps to have a gorgeous collection to work with.  My husband said the wood grain paper was the perfect choice for this layout.  I didn't disagree.  =)

As I mentioned last week, I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking lately.  Okay, maybe a lot is overstating it.  But I think that now, more than seven months after Samuel's arrival, I'm finally feeling like I'm back in the creative groove.  Also, I do love this time of year.  Looking forward to this new season.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I saw this yesterday over on the Pebbles blog and I just love it! Adorable pictures and a fabulous layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...