October 29, 2012

spooky greetings


With Halloween only two days away, I wanted to share a few cards that are really easy and fast to put together.  Of course, I used the Tricks and Treats collection from Pebbles, in particular the 6 x 6 inch paper pad and the Phrase and Accent stickers.
 

And sorry for sounding like a broken record here, but yeah, I used my Cameo too.  You might recognize that spider from the other day.  You can find the spider and the bat in the Silhouette online shape store.


You probably notice that the cards are all pretty similar in design.  I think I've mentioned this before, that most of the time when I make cards I like to make them in sets.  I usually make one card and then just slightly modify the design to make one or two more.  For this set, all of these card bases were cut from one sheet of 12 x 12 inch paper.  I cut two sections that are 5.5 x 8.5 inches and then another section 3.5 x 3.5 inches.  So, that last card is actually more of a mini card. 

One last design note... I'm not a huge fan of purple.  I'm going to be honest with you here, if the design team hadn't been sent this sheet of cardstock as part of the collection I would not have purchased it.  Because of that, I wanted to challenge myself to use it.  What I did is something I do often when I'm using a colored piece of cardstock as a card base.  I use it as an outside border and then use another piece of cardstock, in this case vanilla, to form another border between the patterned paper and the purple cardstock.  The vanilla helps the colors in the patterned papers to stand out more on the card, and yet you still get that small touch of purple.  In the two cards up top, there is another touch of purple in the sentiments.

An update on the costume front, I finished it last night!  It turned out pretty well considering I hadn't ever sewn with felt before.  The most important thing though, Nathan loves it.  He makes a super-cute pumpkin.  =)

Have a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...