October 6, 2012

{Simple} Fall Greetings

I thought that since today is World Card Making Day it would be the perfect time to share some cards and tags I made recently. 


Can I tell you how happy I was to find out that Simple Stories had created a fall collection?  We don't get a drastic change in weather this time of year, the change of the season is much more gradual.  For example, just yesterday the AC was still kicking on now and then (not as much as in the summer, but still).  But tonight?  I can happily report that there was definitely a chill in the evening air.  I am crossing my fingers that fall is here to stay...


we'll see.

Over the past year, I've gotten in the habit of taking some time at the beginning each new season to make a few cards, for whatever occasions might arise.


I've shared this card before; I made it a couple of months ago,


and I just loved that stem of leaves.  I knew I wanted to make something else with a very similar design.  Sometimes when I'm making a set of cards or tags, I like to make one and then create something else that is just a slight variation, as you can see in the tags below.


I've mentioned before how much I love metallic embossing powder.  It really does look so pretty and I find I often get a better image stamping with the Versamark and embossing powder than I do with other inks.  The Versamark just gives such a clean image.


That teal dot paper below is one of my favorites, but really,


I don't think I could choose... I adore this whole collection, and I'm looking forward to using it to record our fall memories.  We'll be visiting the pumpkin patch soon - the boys are so excited. =)

I had a lot of fun creating these cards, and I hope you enjoy them too.  Will you be making any cards today?  I'm not sure I'll have a chance to do anything creative today, but I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my boys. 

I hope you have a great weekend too.

1 comment:

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...