October 26, 2012

five on Friday

It has been some time since I did a five on Friday post.  There is so much to share, I thought this would be a good way of rounding it all up.

1.  We went to the pumpkin patch today.  Daddy said he would buy the boys the biggest pumpkin they could carry...



I think they did well, don't you?  You can see from Gabe's expression that he is quite pleased with himself.

2.  This past week we have been enjoying the loveliest fall weather.  Think rain, think cold grey mornings.  And then, wouldn't you know it, today it was hot.  We still had a good time, of course.  You get used to this sort of thing living where we do.  Gabe said as we got into the car, "I love all the fun of the pumpkin patch."  He is just such a happy little boy.

3.  Speaking of Gabe, he is a Tiger Cub.  He is just so stinkin' excited about the whole Cub Scouting adventure.  All of it.  We got his uniform a couple weeks back, and he just could not wait to try it on. I told him he could wear it while I made dinner so that he could show daddy when he came home from work.  Daddy came home, dinnertime came, and he didn't want to take it off.  

4.  Nathan, who already looks up to Gabe and who wants to do essentially everything he does, always, can't wait to be a Cub Scout.  I think he was just as excited as Gabe about the uniform's arrival.

{An aside, we have old videos of the boys together, playing.  Even as a baby Nathan would mimic what Gabe was doing.  We didn't notice it at the time, but looking back it is so obvious.  Nathan is our sweetheart... he loves Sam the same way too.  He says he is his favorite baby.}

5.  Speaking of Nathan, he wants to be a "giant" pumpkin for Halloween.  That's his word, not mine.  I bought the materials for this project weeks ago, but only got around to cutting out the pattern last night.  It's been years since I sewed anything from a pattern.  I need to get busy... wish me luck!

Well, you know what I'll be doing this weekend!  What about you, have anything special planned? 

Until next time, happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. Would you believe it? I think Alex, Heidi, and I were at the same patch on the same day! We were there with Alex's class field trip. Wish I had seen you guys. Enjoy your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...