September 3, 2012

{simple} inspiration

I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend!  We are, although, 4 out of 5 of us are now officially sick.  My husband let me sleep in this morning though, so I'm feeling a lot better than I did last night.

I did promise a you a layout last week, so here it goes...  I didn't get a chance to work with Simple Stories' Christmas collection, Handmade Holiday, for CHA, and so when I received it in the mail several weeks back I was immediately inspired to use it to create a layout.  Something I really like about Simple Stories is how the papers have lots of little design details, especially the cut-apart papers.  They are great for using as is, but you can also take those ideas and make them your own.  I was inspired by the snowflakes combined with the kraft grid on the 6x8 photo mat pictured below
Using that design as a starting point, I came up with this layout


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut several different style and shaped snowflakes from the Dictionary paper.  Which I love, by the way; anything with text is always a favorite of mine.

Then to add a subtle sparkle, I misted them with Mister Huey's Shine.  If you have never used it or seen it in person, it is a silvery metallic color.


And is admittedly, a bit difficult to photograph.  You will just have to trust me when I say it is very pretty!  I also layered the larger snowflakes with smaller ones, and used foam adhesive to add dimension to the page.


Likewise, I used foam adhesive to attach part of my title to the page.  I use one very simple sans serif font combined with a script font to create a more playful title.  I love how the page turned out, simple and yet fun.

Well, I am going to try to wrap-up all my unfinished chores, attend to my grumpy children, and relax... all at the same time.  Not sure that is possible, but I'm going to give it my best effort.  =)

2 comments:

  1. Boo to being sick! Hope you are all feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowflakes are gorgeous!! :) Hope everybody is on the mend soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...