September 14, 2012

baby love

My official term as a design team member for Pebbles, Inc started this month.  The past two weeks they have been introducing the team and we have been sharing projects on the blog.  This is the layout I created for my introduction


The title was cut using my Cameo, and was inspired by an image in the Pebbles Silhouette library (you can find the image here).  I removed the "love" part from the title in the software and then used a different font for that word.

Sam is about two weeks old in the photos above.  He was so tiny!  We were just commenting last night how big he has grown.  Those weeks after giving birth are difficult for me, and I never quite feel like myself.  Even though I didn’t feel my prettiest when these photos were taken, I knew that I would want pictures of the two of us together.  The lighting in these photos isn’t the best, which is why I chose to convert them to black and white.  Also, that change allowed me to put a lot of color and pattern into my layout design.  We were sent the Sunnyside collection to work with for our blog debut, and I can honestly say that even as a mom to three boys, I adore it.  There are a lot of pinks and florals, but they are offset by the navy and blue-green.  And I love the polka-dot and ledger patterns.  It ended up being the perfect choice to scrapbook this memory of Sam’s early days.

I also decided to make a card,


and as you can see, my infatuation with butterflies and doilies continues.  I think my favorite piece of paper from the collection is the From Me to You patterned paper.  I plan on using every last scrap of that sheet.

I received the newest collections from Pebbles this past week, and all I can say is I am excited to start creating!  Yes, I know I work for them, but even so, I wanted all of Seen and Noted from the moment they previewed it on the blog.  It is just perfect.  Bold, bright colors, great patterns, and the embellishments are truly versatile.  The other collections are really cute too, and in fact, my first assignment will be made using Walnut Grove (going to work on that this weekend).  Over the next several weeks the team will be sharing projects on the blog using the new products so be sure to stop by.

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Stunning layout, lovr the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that layout! Such cute photos. But, you know...I don't think I'd cut that "baby" with my Silhouette. I've tried cutting thin images like that and they never turn out! Is there a secret?

    PS, I picked up some of the Walnut Grove papers (AT Pebbles in my Pocket, lol, I'm lucky like that!) and holy cow...the Harriet and Carrie papers are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using a fairly new mat and blade. But actually, my old mat and blade cut pretty well even up to the very end. It was only when they truly stopped cutting fine details that I knew it was time to replace them. Part of why I love this machine versus say, my Slice, is because it cuts everything beautifully. Sorry! I know that doesn't really help.

      And yes, Walnut Grove is beautiful. I do like the papers you mention, but I think my favorites are Cassandra and Charles. =)

      Delete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...