August 8, 2012

'tis the season

I'm pretty sure I've admitted this before, but summer is just not my favorite season.  Maybe I'll feel differently next year?  We're starting school in a couple of weeks, and I've been immersed in lesson planning and scheduling.  Feeling a bit like a new student myself, with a mixture of excitement and just a little anxiety thrown in too.  I'm hopeful for the new year, and I want to believe that with a combination of my preparation, God's grace, and a lot of prayer, we'll do okay.

The summer is winding down though, and last week with the arrival of August we celebrated this season at write.click.scrapbook.  There is an all-new gallery for your inspiration & here is my contribution,


I cut the doilies using my Cameo, because I am sort of in love with doilies right now. =)  In case you're interested, you can find the files here:  large doily, small doily.  And again, I used Summer Fresh from Simple Stories.  I really do love the bright, primary colors of this line.

The photos for this layout are from last summer.  I realized as I was looking for summery pictures that I hadn't scrapbooked these photos of Nathan at the strawberry farm last year.  He was almost three, and he had a better understanding of what we were supposed to be doing as opposed to the year before (meaning, he actually picked the berries instead of just eating them). These pictures make me smile, and I’m glad I finally made a page with them.

I have a couple more projects and pages I'd like to share, so I will try to be back with those soon, but, as always, no promises!  Until next time, blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...