August 28, 2012

adventure

Yesterday was my turn to blog at Simple Stories, and as I was working on my post I realized that I hadn't shared my layout from the previous month's blogging.  So, today I thought I'd go ahead and do that, and then tomorrow I'll share my layout from yesterday.  Sound good?

I made this layout, and the card below using Take A Hike,


one of the new summer collections.  We don't go camping or do many outdoor activities, yet.  Gabe will be joining the Cub Scouts this fall so I'm sure that will change soon.  He is so excited about that, by the way.  I think he is going to enjoy being a scout.  I like this new collection because while it is definitely geared towards camping and hiking it also has a lot of basic prints in boy-friendly colors.  I've had the photo above printed for almost two years, and when I saw the colors in this collection I knew they'd be a perfect match.


Plus, Nathan is always keeping us on our toes and so the adventure title went along perfectly with that as well.

Simple Stories redesigned their cardstock stickers with this release,
so that they now include more variety of alphas along with word stickers, little tabs, labels, and tags.  I appreciate this change since I generally don't use alphabet stickers, but do love word stickers and all those other detail pieces.


Finally, I made this little outdoorsy inspired card using my Cameo.  I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with copper Zing!


I have had that Zing! in my collection for a while now and this was my first time using it.  Don't know why I waited so long, since I love the way the metallic color looks!  Might be buying some more of those.  You know, just maybe.  =)

Okay, it is time to start the day!  We started school last week and so far things are going well.  I'll have more to share about that later too.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects! I just love your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite new releases. YAY Simple Stories for the remake of the letter sticker sheets, I think they're perfect! Such a cute photo.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...