August 13, 2012

a new week, and a new day

Last week was one of those weeks.  You know the ones.  Where you're counting down the days, the hours, the minutes until the weekend.  I don't know if it was the heat (it has been ridiculously hot here as of late), or the stress of the upcoming school year, or what, but I'm going to admit that it put me into a bit of a funk.  It took nearly all weekend for me to recover from it.  I don't think that it was until after Mass that I could finally lift all of those negative feelings away from myself.  And really, it is not me who did the lifting at all, it was Him.

I have been trying all summer to get back into a routine of quiet daily prayer.  It works best for me if I do it first thing in the morning.  Before I check my email, before the boys wake up, before the day gets to be hectic, normal.  This morning I read several things in my Magnificat that reminded me of something that has been on my mind quite a lot lately, the idea that we can start each day anew. 

[The One] that rules over men in justice
Is like the morning light at sunrise
on a cloudless morning,
making the greensward sparkle after rain.
2 Sm 23: 3-4

and this

The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,
his mercies are not spent;
They are renewed each morning,
so great is his faithfulness.
Lam 3: 22-23

So, I'm going to start this week afresh.  I'm going to try to start each day afresh, and let go of the worries of yesterday.  I am feeling much better this week, even though there is so much I want and need to get done this week.  I feel as though I am in a better mindset to tackle it all.

Before I go, I'll share this simple card I made recently,


I'm not always in tune with what is trendy at any given moment in scrapbooking or paper crafting.  I suppose I prefer to just do my own thing.  But, I have mentioned it before, and I'll mention it again here, I am completely smitten with doilies.  Don't know what it is...


I used some scraps left over from another project to make this card.  Even if it is a small thing, a simple card like this, it feels good to do something creative.

Until next time, blessings to you.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful card. And, some weeks with kids are just like that... sometimes all you have to do is the thing that resets you and it all seems manageable again!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...