July 25, 2012

the sweet life


A few weeks ago I received an email from Melinda at Scrapkit Studio asking me if I'd like to create a mini-album with one of her kits.  She sent me her most recent one called Sweet Life, and today I'd like to share what I've created...


My sister celebrated her birthday last week, and I immediately thought that this album would make a lovely gift for her.  The kit comes with all the embellishments and papers you need to complete your album, including different sized mats for your photographs, but I decided to cut my own mats to fit 4x6 and 4x4 photos, the idea being that any landscape photos can be cropped and cut to 4x4.


When my sister receives her album all she will have to do is choose a few of her favorite photos and adhere them to the photo mats.


The kits from Scrapkit Studio are so easy to put together.  All of the pieces come precut for you making them perfect for any level of scrapbooker, from the beginner to the advanced.  Melinda is so thoughtful in the way she packages and designs all of her albums.  She includes full color instructions with every kit, and so even those of you who are perhaps intimidated by minis will be able to put one together with ease.  Of course, you can always take the supplies included and customize your album your way.  For example, this particular album comes with 5 chipboard pages, but I chose to only use the chipboard for the outside covers.  The inside pages are simply patterned paper.


This album, is made with elements from the Saturdays collection from Little Yellow Bicycle.  Included in the kit are several of the coordinating embellishments including the felt and burlap flowers you see above.  I love those little burlap leaves and wish I could buy a package of just those alone!

Doilies are a big trend right now and I was inspired by the doilies included among the transparency pieces to create my own.  Did you know you can cut vellum with the Cameo?  I made my own doily for this last page using vellum.  It cuts beautifully and adds a pretty dimension to the page.


I'm really happy with how this little mini-album came together and I hope my sister will love it too.



Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I love the doily behind the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love your minis and I love the fun shape of this one and the clean embellishments on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna - it's beautiful! I love the way your mini album turned out! Thanks so much for working with one of my kits, and for doing such a great job of it!
    Melinda at scrapkit studio

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...