July 30, 2012

my favorite scrapbooking shortcut

About a week and a half ago it was my turn to host the blog at write.click.scrapbook.  We are still doing summertime dailies and you might remember that last month I kicked off my series on easy summer scrapbooking by sharing a sketch with you; you can find it here.  This month I shared another one of my favorite ways to get pages done quickly - by recycling your designs.  Essentially, scraplifting yourself.  I know perfectly well that this idea is not new, but, it works!  If you ask anyone who scrapbooks a lot they will tell you that this is one of the secrets to getting pages done fast.

I made this layout a couple of months ago,


and it is one of my favorites from this year.  I wanted to scrapbook photos of Nathan giving Sam hugs and kisses, and there were two photos I wanted to use, both of which I thought would look best cropped to squares.  I immediately thought of the layout above and decided to just reuse that design.  Because really, if you have a design you love, there is no reason not to use it again!  Here is the finished layout:


Nathan was very welcoming to Sam when we brought him home, and he loves to give him hugs and kisses.  Honestly, he often asks me if Sam is awake so that he can give him hugs.  We've had to teach him to be gentle though, since he does get a little too excited about it sometimes!  It is so precious and sweet to see how much he loves his baby brother.

I want to say before I go, that sometimes I reuse a design by breaking it down into its most basic elements, the photo, journaling, and title - like reverse engineering a sketch.  Other times I use the design almost exactly.  So I'll look at how I used the pattern paper and how I embellished a layout.  I'm really happy with how this layout turned out and it came together pretty quickly for me because I chose to do a more direct scraplift.

Are you watching the Olympics?  I am!!  Gonna watch for a little while and then it is off to bed.  We are going to the park tomorrow and mommy needs her sleep!

Have a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. I do this all the time!! (I'm starting to worry all my layouts look the same!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using the same technique......both pages look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...