July 16, 2012

Five is Fun!

I was going to post my July gallery layout for write.click.scrapbook. on Friday, but then I couldn't wait to share my good news with you, so I'm posting it today:


The theme for this month is, Five is Fun!  My five items included: cardstock, one sheet of double-sided patterned paper (from the Simple Stories Happy Day collection), one sheet of cardstock stickers, chipboard letters and a punch.

Normally, I wouldn’t have counted the cardstock or the punch, since the punch is not an expendable item and cardstock is typically a freebie, but if I hadn’t included them, I’d only have three items in my product count.  I wanted to keep this layout simple, and as I was making it I reached a point where I was happy with the layout the way it was, and didn’t feel it needed anything more.  This has to be the quickest I have ever scrapbooked birthday photographs.  I made this layout just one week after Gabe turned six, definitely a record for me!

We did this gallery theme two years ago, and at the time I thought I would have a lot of trouble with it, and I sort of did.  It made me a little nervous about this month's theme when it came around again.  But I have to say this layout came together so quickly.  The only change I would make, if I could, would be to use white cardstock as the background instead of the kraft.  I won't go into this too much, but I really dislike the color of the walls in this particular room.  Painting that room is on the really long list of things that I want to fix/change about our home, and I am really hoping we get to this particular task sometime this year (along with new window coverings for said room too).  Anyhow, I think the white, in this case, would have offset the colors a bit better, but it is done and I'm not going to go back and change it. =)

I found it the process of making this layout rather freeing, and it made me think that I really should do this more often.  What about you?  Do you think you could make a layout with using only five products?  Or do you routinely do that anyway?  Would it be hard for you, or do you think you'd find the challenge fun?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Hope you have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I don't really keep count, but I tend to use fewer elements on a page, and I'm working on using more: both to push my creativity and try new things, and also just to avoid the build up of too man supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually keep count either. I tend not to use a lot of embellishments on my pages, but I do like to use a lot of patterned paper. And I agree about the build up of supplies. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks amazing for only 5 products!! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...