June 4, 2012

Mix & Match Album: My Favorite Photos 2012


Welcome to the Simple Stories Mix & Match blog hop!  You should have arrived here from Liz Qualman's blog.  Today a few of my fellow teammates and I are sharing our projects using the Mix & Match albums that debuted at CHA Winter this year.  I could go on and on about how very cool these little albums are, but I have a feeling you already know!

Just in case you are not familiar with them, here is what a basic album looks like and includes:


The album is designed to hold 6x8 pages and you can use either page protectors, which come in a variety of designs, or the page inserts that correspond to each Simple Stories collection.  Or you can use both!

For my album I chose to use the Year.O.Graphy collection, and I decided to make an album that includes my favorite photos of 2012.


When this album is completed, I want for it to sit on the shelf with the rest of my full-sized scrapbooks and so I purposefully designed the cover to be rather flat; the only dimension is from the buttons.  The first page on the inside of the album serves as the title page:


I plan on putting most of the photos into the divided page protectors,


but I also plan on mixing up the design, and using the 6x8 album pages that match the Year.O.Graphy line (they are so cute by the way! I love the designs).


Some photos from the first week that Samuel was at home:


I used my Silhouette a lot for this album (really, I am using it a lot for everything these days!)  I thought this 4x6 Home Sweet Home card was perfect for this little spread.  Here is a closer look at the right-hand side:


This was Nathan's first year to color eggs, and he absolutely loved it:


He had a smile on his face the whole time, and was very patient and good about following our instructions.  Which is notable, since patience is not really one of Nathan's virtues...  we're working on it. =)

Sometimes a photo is a favorite whether it is technically perfect or not, it is the moment that a photo captures that makes me love it.  And sadly, sometimes those not-so-perfect photos never get scrapbooked.  Really, there is no way I could scrapbook every photo I take anyway.  I thought this album would be the perfect place to hold all of my favorite photos whether they are great or not!  Here are some favorite snapshots from life around here:


Nathan has loved Samuel from the moment we brought him home.  He often wants to give him hugs and kisses.  He likes to sing songs to him, or in this case, read him a story to keep him company:


And these two, of course, already have a special bond.  Lately, they bond over Star Wars...

Seriously, they are obsessed!

You might have noticed the journaling cards in the pages above.  One of my favorite pieces of paper from the collection is the Orange/Grid paper.  I used it to make 3x4 journaling cards and then customized them using washi tape, stamps, and simple embellishments.  Here is what they looked like before I added the journaling:


This album is definitely a work in progress, and I've only shared a few of the pages with you today.  As the months go by I'll try to make a point of sharing my completed pages with you, so check-in periodically to see how the album is coming along.

**********

Now for the fun news!  Simple Stories is giving away two album assortments.  One to a reader on the Simple Stories blog, and one to the design team member who gets the most comments today.  I would be thrilled to give away an album to one of my readers, so please be sure to leave a comment on this post! 

The next stop in the hop is:  Kellie Rabideau

And just in case you get lost, here is a list of all of the blogs in today's hop:

Guiseppa Gubler
Rebecca Keppel

  Good luck and thanks for stopping by!!

85 comments:

  1. What a great album Donna - Love all the little details and journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of these albums. I am putting one together for my soon to arrive first grandchild. Would love to win one for me! Thanks for the chance! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of cut-outs and customized journaling cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your book, and the customized cards are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful album, love how you have used it, and I would definitely like to see the pages as they are completed. Your work is always so clean and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this album from Simple Stories! I love the album you are creating with it! Can't wait to see more! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This album would be exciting to win. I think that they would be wonderful to document a special event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great album you made. I would love to do something like this...it looks like you can combine some scrapbooking but also simple pictures. jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. precious pictures of your little ones! these albums are so cool. thanks for the chance to win one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great concept, you'll be able to look back at 2012 in a special way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Year O Graphy Collection is one of my favorites and is probably the one I would use in my album. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how versatile this mix & match album is! the page protectors are awesome for those who do not have time to create a complicated layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUCH a cute album! I'm using mine for a Project Life type of album...I just adore using the Simple Stories lines for this! I'm using Life Documented and Yearography...it's so awesome that all the lines can be used together! Thanks for the inspiration and the chance to win another album to use next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this little album! I love the little camera...so wish I had a Silhouette :( I'm using the Year.O.Graphy collection right now as well for my Project Life 365...could you share where you purchased the washi tape in your layouts?? It is PERFECT for this collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green polka dot and narrow blue striped tapes are both from Bella Blvd. They are more opaque than washi tapes. They call them decorative tapes. But, they are so pretty and I really like them.

      The wider blue stripe is from a set that I bought at Target in the office supply section.

      The orange chevron is from the American Crafts Nightfall collection. That one might be impossible to find at this point, but the others are still available for sale.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. =)

      Delete
  15. fabulous, love the details and the use for it, great for a small project

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great opportunity to use my silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the idea for collecting photos through out the year. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yearography is one of my favorite lines EVER, and I love how you used it in this album! And the camera on the cover is AMAZING. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous pages! I love how you used the album!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you tell me if the camera on the journaling card is a sticker or stamp etc and who makes it? I love your journaling cards! So many awesome ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera on the journaling card is a stamp from a limited edition Studio Calico set that is unfortunately no longer available. :(

      I do have another camera stamp that is very similar, from Dear Lizzy.

      Also, there is a very cute camera stamps from the Destinations line from Simple Stories.

      I love camera stamps and have quite a collection. Lawn Fawn also makes one that is very cute...

      Sorry if I can't be of more help. Thanks for your comments!!

      Delete
  21. SOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable! I love your mix&match album! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really love your album! Is the "snap happy" a die cut, or part of Simple Stories line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snap happy card was cut using my Silhouette, as was the home sweet home card. I am in love with that little camera!

      Thanks for taking the time to comment! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. =)

      Delete
  23. Love your album. I love all the details and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a great project. I can use this for my grandchildren and new one on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE Simple Stories! Your project is truly inspirational. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Donna, as always, your work is amazing and appealing and so full of heart {and art!}.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you incorporated all the different types of divided pages. Your scrapbook is so cute! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love how you added the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the turquoise accents it really pulls everything out in your adorable album!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your album! I really really need a Silhouette and this ablum.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great album! Love how you used your Silhouette too~ thanks for inspiring me to bust out my Silhouette more often!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a great album for year in review.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like your style of scrapbooking (and I copy it often!). Thanks for the chance to win the fun album stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super sweet pictures! I love your idea of just using favorite pictures that might not make the most beautiful scrapbook page, but are wonderful because of the subject and can be journaled about so easily with the journaling cards. I just got Year.o.graphy collection last week and can't wait to get started with it! TFS!
    P.S. Too bad the blog contest isn't for the most words in comments. I think you would definitely be in the running!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a great album. I am feeling so inspired! I am getting Awesome really soon can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've never thought of just using my favorite pictures in an album and LOVE the idea. I have 2 precious granddaughters that this would be PERFECT for! I too love your style and many of your pages are SO me! Thanks for sharing all those sweet pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your album is fabulous! Such a great idea and so many really cute pages!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a lovely album! and your boys are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  39. its beautiful how you used the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the work you did on the cover - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your album is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a fun album. Thanks for the idea.

    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really like what you're doing with your album! The pages are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great idea for an album. I like how you used the grid paper, stamps and washi tape for journaling cards.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like the idea behind the album. I might incorporate this idea for my traveling. Love how you customized further using the Silhouette die-cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  46. You've knocked my socks off! SUPER LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this album! Especially those die-cuts (I actually bought them last week but haven't used them) Oh this is just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Donna, i like your album idea, it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great Mix and Match ideas! Thanks for a fun hop!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very fun album. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great album. Great way to put a years worth of photos together!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love these mix and match albums! Beautiful job with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I just love how you've used Year.O.Graphy! Wonderful family photos, and gosh, I really should pull my Silhouette out more - love your choices on the cuts for your album. Thanks so much for sharing these pics and stories of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  53. this is super awesome...super creative

    thx for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your album is so nice! I love simple stories. I may use the mix and match album for several projects. Currently I'm working on a baby first year gift album. But i love your favorite photos idea too! So many ideas, so little time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the idea of a favorite photos album. Thanks for sharing!
    Lula1206@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love your customized journaring cards, Donna! Awesome album.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Nice project!~~ :) THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Such a great idea! I've done a project 365 before and it was so much work. This is like the lite version - only your favorites, but still documenting the little things that get overlooked. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  59. You created a BEAUTIFUL album. I have always loved your style. I didn't know that you were a designer for Simple Stories ... all the more reason to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful album. Love this collection. It is a must have and is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wonderful looking book! I love the theme you went with- great way to gather photos that cover a year!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love your album. You have some great suggestions! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love the idea of making a a highlight book!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great idea, love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Great job on the album. A true treasure. I also like that you included a lot of journaling. Well done.
    God bless,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  67. This is absolutely fantastic! I love the Year.O.Graphy set as well as Summer Fresh and I'm looking to use this very mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wonderful album pages..and I love the way you customized your journaling blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Great album! Year.o. graphy is the first Simple Stories collection I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  70. LOVE this idea. I always go through a year of photos and pull one or two from each month that are my favorite--this would be a great way to house them all!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Would love to try this - I'm so far behind. Hope I win.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Looks like great way to scrapbook..

    ReplyDelete
  73. Beautiful book. Look how easy to use simple story is. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  74. Your album is gorgeous! Inspires me to do some Project Life documenting!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thanks for sharing your album and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love everything about this. Your little journaling cards are super cute. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a great album! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...