April 23, 2012

I think I forgot how to scrapbook

Or at least, that's how it feels sometimes.  Like right now. 

Truth is, I have so many ideas running around in my head, but not enough time to execute them - and this is not a complaint - it's just life right now.  I remember after we had Nathan I felt the same way.  I know it's going to take some time, before I can find the time, to fit scrapbooking back into my life the way I did before. 

And then sometimes I feel like even if I did find the time I just don't know what I'm doing.  Do you ever feel that way?  Like I'm just doing the same thing over and over again.

Here's a page I made just before Samuel was born


This photo is almost two years old now.  I always thought it was cute, but just never got around to scrapbooking it.  When I got the new papers from Echo Park, A Boy's Life, I knew they would be the perfect fit for these photos, but I honestly just didn't have the motivation to come up with something completely new for the design.  So I looked through some older sketches until I found one that I thought would work.  I've used the sketch before, to make this layout

As an aside, these photos are so gray... it was cloudy at the beach that day - that's sort of our favorite kind of beach day.

I also used that same sketch to make this layout


This, by the way, is Nathan when he was only three months old.  The smaller photos in the upper left-hand corner are out of focus, but I so do not care.  He was (and is) so stinkin' cute.  He was such a happy baby.  Oh, does this layout make me happy.

It just so happens that it's a bonus sketch from Stretch Your Sketches, and I guess you could say that I really like it.  Even though these layouts are all based on the same sketch, the one thing about them that is the same, the important thing about them that is the same, is that they all make me happy.  It's looking at the photos, and the stories they tell that makes me glad that I made them.  And it's then that I honestly don't care that they are all based off the same sketch.  That becomes rather unimportant.

I think a lot about why I do this, why I scrapbook.  Yes, I love paper.  I love creating.  But ultimately, I really love recording our family's stories.  Even if it is such a small, tiny part of our lives, it is something.  And if you're reading this, there's a good chance that it means something to you too.  My free time makes up a very small part of my day now.  Some days there is no free time... or maybe I have to use it to you know, like, eat lunch, or use the ladies room (!).  I think a lot of you know what I mean.  Again, I am not in any way complaining.  I guess I'm just trying to remind myself of what's important.  Trying to remind myself that I don't have to come up with something completely new and original every time I make a page.  The important thing is that I just make it.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! It's so hard when you have a newborn because you just want to SLEEP in your free time. And you should definitely do that. Easy projects will carry the day for a while, but they'll be refreshing and satisfying and you'll be able to get back to the routine soon, but definitely SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...