January 25, 2012

my favorite season

Fall is by far my favorite season.  It's becoming the boys' favorite too.  We do the most outings that time of year, visiting the pumpkin patch and the apple orchard.  Then there is Halloween and Thanksgiving.  The weather cools down, and even if we don't get those crisp cool days like they do in the northeast, we do get relief from the summer heat.  Scrapbooking this season is a little more fun too, since I get to use some of my favorite colors.  And with that, I do believe I promised to share some of my recent pages with you...

I don't know about you, but it always takes me a few months before I get around to scrapbooking seasonal photos.  I actually think it is a good thing, since with time, the moments that stand out in my mind become more clear and I'm able to pick the photos that best tell the story much easier.  I hope that makes sense.  For example, this layout features six photos 

{supply list}
but if I had made this page immediately following our trip I probably would have included many more, and probably would have made a double-page layout.  Which is completely fine, I love making two-pagers, but time gave me a bit of focus and I was able to narrow down the selection.  I decided to keep this layout pretty simple in design and color since there are so many photos, and they are all rather colorful.  I used a lot of neutrals with just a touch of orange.

Here is a layout I made of Nathan helping to clean out the jack-o-lantern

{supply list}
The year before, he really didn't help at all because he didn't want to get dirty.  This past year wasn't too much better.  He stuck is hand in once and then essentially lost interest and asked us to wash his hand.  I think the look on his face says everything.

{supply list}
The boys in their Halloween costumes; an astronaut and a Saturn V rocket.  They were sooo cute. =)

And here is Nathan at Thanksgiving helping to make the pumpkin pie
{supply list}
The gratitude card that is featured on this layout is part of a gratitude journaling set made by Crystal Wilkerson.  You can read more about this project and the gratitude cards in this blog post that I wrote for Ella Publishing.

I'm all tuckered out and as soon as Top Chef is over I'm going to bed (which is, um, right now).  Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

  1. Donna, I love your thoughts about gaining perspective with time. SO true! I was feeling guilty as I'd set myself the goal of getting Christmas scrapped before January 25...and I didn't. Just got one Christmas layout done. You let me ditch the guilt and see it as a positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, no guilt allowed!! Christmas is the toughest subject for me... as I think it is for a lot of scrapbookers. I usually don't get around to scrapbooking those photos until the following summer, which is totally fine with me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of and praying for you and baby Samuel. Can't wait for news that he's here!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...