January 31, 2012

January's Take Twelve

I'm back today to share my Take Twelve layout for January with you.  When I first talked about this project, back in December, I mentioned my plans to make a mini-album at the end of the year similar to the one that Elizabeth shared in this article at Ella.  After giving it some thought however, I've decided to incorporate my photos from the Take Twelve project into a layout and then include those layouts in my Document 2012 album.  Here is my layout for January

{supply list}

I decided to use this sketch


from the Guided Inspiration Kit as the starting point.  And really, I only made a minor adjustment to the design by moving the journaling.  I'm going to continue to use the KI Memories Sew Cute papers as the foundations for my monthly layouts. In addition, I mentioned before that I'm also using the Year-O-Graphy collection from Simple Stories for my Document album

{source}
I plan on incorporating these same papers and elements into my layouts so that the album will have a cohesive feel to it.  My purpose isn't to have the album be matchy-matchy, but rather, my motivation is to help keep things simple.  Having these products set aside specifically for this project narrows down the choices I will have to make as I go through the year and make my pages.  And I'll probably be using this same sketch many times as well.  I have to say, it is one of my favorites from the book.

Speaking of Document 2012, I had planned on finishing all of the envelope pages and the title page by the end of this month.  I haven't quite done that, but I am making progress (other projects, and general last-month-of-pregnancy preparations have gotten a little in the way of that plan).  I am happy with how the envelope pages are coming along though, and when I get them finished I will share them with you.

Don't forget that it is not too late to start this project!  You can sign up for the reminder emails, here (make sure you select the box for take twelve).  Each month the Take Twelve team will be sharing their ideas, layouts, and photos both on the Ella blog, and on their own personal blogs.  There is plenty of inspiration out there if you are ever feeling uninspired or overwhelmed by the prospect of a year-long commitment.

Even if you are not participating in Take Twelve, are you doing another year-long project?  As the first month of the new year comes to a close, how are those projects coming along?  Share your experiences with me in the comments.  As always, I would love to hear from you! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Chris Robinson. I was a friend of Glen's in Jersey. This might sound strange (especially in light of the fact of my commenting on your blog), but this morning I was reading Ps 145 and the Lord brought Glen to mind. In particular these verses:

    13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations.
    [The LORD is faithful in all his words and kind in all his works.]
    14 The LORD upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down.
    15 The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season.
    16 You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing.
    17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works.
    18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
    19 He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.

    This isn't a "doom" text, but a liberating one. How blessed we are to experience the Lord's intimacy!

    This was the only way that I could find of contacting him, so please forgive my intrusion! Please give him my regards and let him know that a brother still thinks about him. I can be reached at .

    Nice work, by the way. I am something of an artist myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why the email is missing.
    chrisojournal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...