December 13, 2011

Will you accept the challenge?

Starting next year Ella Publishing Co. will be hosting a brand new monthly challenge called, Take Twelve

The challenge is simple:  take 12 photos on the 12th of each month for the next 12 months starting on January 12.  The idea is that if you follow along with the challenge each month, by the end of the year you'll have 144 photos that reflect your everyday life.  Plus, if you take advantage of the inspiration provided at Ella throughout the year, you'll also have a completed photo project.  You can turn those photos into scrapbook pages, a mini-album, or even a digital photo book. 

I had the opportunity to contribute to Ella's new Guided Inspiration Kit


The kit contains 5 complete products in one.  Inside you'll find:  photo-taking checklists,


12-photo layout sketches - created by me!


list-style journaling cards, bonus ideas and alternate approaches, and lots of printable titles and calendar accents.  You can see more preview pages, here.  This kit is truly jammed-packed with great inspiration to help keep you motivated as you tackle this challenge.

In addition, for those of you who prefer to scrapbook digitally, there is a companion digital kit to help you complete this year-long challenge.  The Take Twelve Templates contain 12 digital templates (based on the sketches from the inspiration kit) for photo collages or digi pages (for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements).

The best part is that when you accept the Take Twelve Challenge, you will receive a lot more goodies and motivational support than what's inside the kits. You'll receive monthly email reminders on the 11th to take your photos the next day, have the opportunity to share your projects, and be inspired by others from around the world.  There will also be a monthly giveaway on Ella's blog giving you the chance to win great prizes!


You can read more about this challenge in the newest article at Scrapbook Ellaments, Take Twelve, written by the fabulous Elizabeth Dillow.  I had not made up my mind about participating until I read her article.  I already plan on on tackling a year-long project next year, Document 2012 (more about that next week), and I wasn't sure that I wanted to make an additional commitment knowing that my crafting time will, very likely, be limited next year.   Her article pushed me over the fence!  I'm going to keep it simple though, and will probably end up making a mini-album similar to the one that Elizabeth shares in her article


Isn't that cute!?  Elizabeth simply printed her 12 monthly photos on a 4x6 print.  She then collected each mosaic print into a photo-album-style scrapbook.  The left hand page included a simple title, with journaling tucked behind it.  Easy, and completely doable.

Finally, I can't go without letting you know that Ella is currently running a promotion for the Guided Inspiration Kit, you can buy it now for only $12.12.  While you can join the challenge at any point in 2012, this introductory price will end on December 24.  As I said above, the kit is absolutely loaded with tons of great ideas.  And while it was made for the purpose of this photo project, the ideas, journaling prompts, sketches and everything else included can be adapted to any scrapbooking project.

So, what do you think? Will you be joining the fun?  I'd love to hear your thoughts, and if you have any questions, just post them in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. oh, glad I'll have a new monthly challenge at Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up today. Can't wait to get started. There is so much inspiration in the eBook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that you are excited about the project! I think it's going to be a great incentive to keep me scrapbooking next year when life gets busy. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...