December 9, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

It's been quite a long time since I participated in {pretty, happy, funny, real}, hosted by the ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter.  It's been so long that I didn't realize just how long, July was the last time I added an entry.  But, I have a few random, completely unrelated photos from life around here that I thought I could share with you and perhaps, just maybe, I could get back into the habit of participating.  But, I think I've said that before, so you probably should not put too much stock in that statement!

Here it goes.  There is no order here, and I don't think I could categorize these.  Just thought I'd share.


I made homemade caramel for the first time last week

{I used this recipe from Ina Garten}
as part of daddy's very special birthday dessert, which was a dulce de leche cheesecake.  Because my husband loves all things dulce de leche.  It was... delicious doesn't do it justice.  I don't even know how to describe it.  I want to make another one, but I don't necessarily want to eat another one.  Well, I do, but I don't need to eat another one.  I'm wondering if I can make one to perfect my recipe, take a slice to test it, and give the rest to my neighbors.  My sweets thinks I'm crazy...  but wouldn't you like the recipe?


Here is Gabe with one of his "inventions," as he calls them


He likes to save all the little vehicles and rockets and whatnots that he makes.  But then he runs out of blocks and can't build anymore.  Solution:  we take photographs of the things he makes so that he has a visual record.  Then he takes them apart so that he can build new inventions.  This, by the way, is one of those trucks with the advertising billboards on the back.  He thinks they're interesting.  Coincidentally, we saw one today on the way to Mass. 


Nathan with two of his favorite things


his fireman rain boots, and his Blue.  Notice too that his socks are on upside down... Oh, and I have no idea what he was doing on the floor.  He's three.  I'm thinking that sometimes he just doesn't need a reason?


Finally, my generally feeling tired all the time, coupled with the glorious weather we have enjoyed lately has meant lots of time spent outside.  This is what my back door mat looks like when they come inside


Don't worry, I make them put it away eventually.  However, the day I took this photo their favorite show was on, and I was a sucker and didn't want them to miss it.  Nathan particularly likes to sing along to the opening theme, and it's just too cute.

Okay then, I'm off to bed.  It is way past my bedtime, but I think some of you must know what it's like.  Those quiet moments at night are sometimes the only ones you have to think!  Very thankful that tomorrow is daddy's Friday off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...