December 29, 2011

on the 5th day of Christmas...

I hope that you are all having a joyful Christmas season.  We most certainly are!  I mentioned several weeks ago that for the past two years we have traveled to New Jersey to spend Christmas with my husband's family.  This was our first year, in three years, to spend it here in California.  And our first year to spend it in our own home.  It has been a season full of joy and peace for us.  I'm not sure that I can put it all into words, so here are some photos instead.

{pretty}
 
Our Christmas tree after Santa's visit.  

Our tree is rather simple.  We don't have that many ornaments yet; just a few that I have purchased over the short while that we have been married, and some that my mother gave to me from my childhood.  In the years that we would travel to New Jersey we wouldn't even purchase a tree, so it was a lot of fun for the boys to see the tree go up in our house and to help us decorate it on Christmas Eve.


{happy, funny, real}

 Gabe helping Nathan to read the labels on the presents.

 Gabe and daddy putting together the Armored Attack Shuttle.

In the days leading up to Christmas I asked Nathan what he wanted from Santa.  He said he wanted, "a present."  When I asked him what kind of present he said, "a toy."  So easy to please.  I think that Santa did a pretty good job of guessing what to give him.  Him and this little Millennium Falcon have been inseparable since Christmas day. 

The biggest gift of all, from Grandma and Grandpa Orem.  
Surprisingly, it wasn't the first gift they opened!

It seems we had a Star Wars themed Christmas this year.  
Given the interests of these three, I have a feeling it won't be the last.  =)

See?  This is what Nathan did most of the morning.  
Ignored everything else, and got lost in his own world.

Gabe had two things on his Christmas list, an Armored Attack Shuttle and an aircraft carrier.  This was one of the last gifts he opened and I think he was beginning to have his doubts about whether Santa had brought him what he really wanted!  If you look very closely, you can see that he is smiling.

Monday was spent very quietly, I want to say recovering, but not in a negative way.  These boys were just so excited in the days leading up to Christmas day, they were quite restless.  On Monday they just played and played, and mommy and daddy relaxed.  We cleaned up a little and simply enjoyed the day.  Tuesday we made gingerbread cookies: 


We still have a lot planned over the next few days.  Trying to make the most of daddy's vacation time and spending these days together. Next on the to-do list:  I will attempt to make cannoli for the first time tonight.  Wish me luck!

See all of the posts at Like Mother, Like Daughter


Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a delightful Christmas at home! Enjoy these special days with your family and hope the cannoli turns out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is very pretty, even with not as many ornaments as you'd like. One year when we didn't have any, I noticed we had tons of ribbon, so I made bows of all types and colors, and just placed them all over the tree; we got many compliments.

    Good luck with your cannoli!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...