December 23, 2011

are you ready?

I am mostly ready.  The thing is, I didn't plan on being completely ready at this point, so actually, I'd say I'm right on schedule.  Today we will hang our stockings, decorate the tree, and do a little baking.  Daddy is officially home for his Christmas vacation, yea!  We also have some other activities planned, and I'm looking forward to them all. 

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I often find myself in a strange position in the scrapbooking world.  It seems that all month long (and last month too) everyone was doing Christmas projects and preparing their December Dailies...  and that's just not the way things work in our family.  For us, the season doesn't start on the 1st and end on the 25th.  We really do try to observe the season of Advent.  To prepare quietly.  We pray.  We ask Jesus to enlighten the darkness of our hearts.  We light the candles of our Advent wreath


and watch as the light grows brighter with each week.

It's not that we don't get ready for Christmas, it's just that we like to do it in our own time (and I am so blessed that my husband agrees with me on this point).  Because everyone does have their own time; their own way of getting ready to celebrate our Savior's birth.

Still, I do love to create.  I think all crafters know what I am talking about; feeling that simple joy of making something with your own hands.  Given that Christmas is just around the corner I wanted to share a couple of cards with you that I made last weekend

{supply list}

{supply list}

and a layout of Gabe writing his letter to Santa

{supply list}
Journaling reads:  This year you wrote your letter to Santa really early, in October.  I helped you by writing out the words for you and then you copied them.  I guess you didn’t want to take any chances?  You wanted to make sure that Santa brought you exactly what was on your list!

I cut the postage stamp paper, the big star, and the green starburst shape with my new Silhouette Cameo.  It was my birthday and Christmas present from my dad, and I love it.  Seriously, in love

Finally, it was my turn today to host the blog today at Write.Click.Scrapbook.  I've compiled a few of my favorite ideas for Christmas wrapping, like this one using Trader Joe's grocery bags
{source}

 I've also gathered a sampling of free printable tags
{source}

If you've still got some presents to wrap and need some last-minute ideas you'll want to head over and read the whole post.

Well, I must get going.  There is a lot to do today, in a good way. 
I hope you have a great Friday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...