November 23, 2011

are you ready?

Here we are on the eve of Thanksgiving day, are you ready?  I am, for the most part.  I've been commanded by a certain someone to, "take it easy."  It seems to be one of his favorite phrases these days.  Thing is, I don't really like to take it easy, I like to get things done.  This same someone even suggested that I not make pie for tomorrow!!  He's obviously lost his mind.

I think I promised a while back that I'd do a better job of sharing my monthly scrapbook.com pages and projects with you.  Here is a simple last minute card idea, in case you need one:

{supply list}
The floral paper is from Crate Paper's Farmhouse collection and it's called, Countryside


I think it is so pretty, and it's one of my favorite patterns this fall.  I love the color combination of blue, orange, green, and red.

Finally, because Advent is right around the corner, and it is the season of getting ready, I wanted to link to two of my favorite posts on the topic.  The first is one from Leila at Like Mother, Like Daughter, which I linked to last year, on the wonder of Advent and how to instill some of that in our homes.  The second is from Karen Edmisten and is a continuation of her no-panic Advent series.  It's a huge post with lots of links, ideas and resources and I just love it.  I think you might too, which is why I'm sharing it with you!

We got out the Advent wreath last week to make sure we knew where it was, and I tried to get candles this week, but the place where I bought them last year didn't have them this year.  So, this weekend I've got to find some.  If I can't find colored ones, I'll just go with cream like I have in the past.  I really try not to stress about these things.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. love the Karen Edmisten post- hadn't seen that. AND I did make her St. Lucy bread last year. Delicious and so pretty! not too sweet, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...