October 1, 2011

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

And welcome to the Operation Write Home blog hop!


If you are not familiar with OWH, their mission is simple:  to support our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards for them to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Can I tell you how much I love this idea?  I am definitely more of a scrapbooker than a card-maker, but I do still make quite a few cards every month.  Over time they add up, and I make more cards than me or my family can use.  Operation Write Home gives card-makers and crafters an opportunity to express their creativity and put that finished product to good use.  Instead of stashing those cards in a box or in a drawer you can send your cards to OWH and they will send them out to troops who need them.

Want to get involved?  Click here to find out more about how you can help the men and women of our armed forces stay in touch with home.

As part of the blog hop today, I have two Christmas cards to share with you:



You might notice the use of glittery products, if you plan on donating or making cards for OWH you'll want to read their requirements about what types of glitter products are allowed. 

To visit the rest of the blogs in today's hop, click on the image below:


I am so happy spread the word about Operation Write Home and to be a part of today's blog hop.  If you can, take a moment to say hello?  Thank you so much for stopping by!

30 comments:

  1. I love traditional Christmas colors and cards that are not too fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are very pretty, my favorite is the wreath, it looks stenciled. Happy hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards I love the traditional look :) Thank you for sharing :)

    Manda :)
    ajsarts@gmail.com
    www.ajsartsanddesigns.com
    www.ajsdigishoppe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wreath card is so cute!

    Lauren, Paper Love
    www.readysetlove.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards and very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I love the clean style and the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll include the info about this organization at my next spouses' group meeting, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the traditional look of your cards! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards!!! And what a great place! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear friend,

    Love your cards.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous simple cards, easy to make on a large scale, thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards. I like your CAS designs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for supporting OWH. Pretty CAS cards!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that wreath- perfect CAS cards! Great OWH cards. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that wreath...both cards are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like CAS designs; thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your cards - maybe because they have the same classic, clean lines that I use in my cards.
    Thanks for sharing with OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty cards. The red really rocks on both! TDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are both crisp, clean and beautiful designs. Just lovely! Thanks for joining in the hop and supporting Operation Write Home.

    ReplyDelete
  21. To pick a favorite, I love the top card with its mix of circles, diamonds, and stripes. The bright bird in the wreath makes a great focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful cards! Thanks for being part of the OWH blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These cards are gorgeous and I love the traditional colors - thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards! I can see CASE in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  25. First - thank you for the thoughful comments on my interpretations of the sketches. I had so much fun making them.

    Second - thanks for the reminder about OWH...i really do love what they do and must get into the habit of sending in some cards.

    If you're ever interested in a domestic version of this - I am a member of the DT for Card Cupids. That agency's focus is to provide handmade cards so that it'll put a smile on a kid who is going through difficult times (illness, homelessness). They are based out of DC and are pretty new, but it's another great way to link your craftiness with something that gives back.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...