October 14, 2011

five on Friday

This version of five on Friday is going into the better late than never category.  The past couple of weeks have just been more full than I thought they would be.  And despite my best intentions, I always have a potential post in my head, some things just have to come first.  Those some things being my guys.  Here's a little peek of what we've been up to lately:

1.  A couple of weeks ago, Gabe and daddy went to the MCAS Miramar Air Show


They went by themselves which made the day extra special.  Gabe had been anticipating this yearly event with no small amount of excitement.  He had so much fun that he is already looking ahead to next year.

2.  Inspired by the air show, a Blue Angel


Gabe's pile of "inventions" was getting a bit unruly.  Yesterday we undertook the task of photographing each one (there were 22 altogether).  I plan on helping him make a little book of his creations so that he can look back on the pictures for reference.  He takes his building seriously.

3.  Lately when you take a photo of Nathan, this is what you get


It's so like him too.

4.  We went to the pumpkin patch today


We headed out for breakfast first, for a special treat, and when we left the house it was a bit chilly, hence the long sleeves.  An hour later, not so much.  Thank you, California fall.  The boys didn't complain about the heat though and it ended up being a rather glorious day (despite a wee bit of grumpiness from the little fellow).

5.  Me and sweets are just about to settle down for the evening.  He'll be having an October favorite, Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale, and I plan on making this version of pumpkin spice syrup and enjoying a decaf latte (it is way too late for caffeine).  I'll let you know how it turned out.

Enjoy your weekend! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...