September 14, 2011

inspired by Pinterest

Are you on Pinterest?  I'm sort of surprised to say that I am.  I never did get into using Tumblr; it never made sense to me and seemed really difficult to use.  But I find Pinterest very user friendly and I like having visual bookmarks of ideas that have inspired me online.  I don't want to get into this too much, but it seems that some people just pin everything and anything they like, which is completely their prerogative.  I'm definitely more picky about it.  Before I pin something I ask myself, and I try to be really honest with myself here, if I will ever actually make or do or use what it is that I'm pinning.  And so even though I've been using Pinterest for several months now, I only have 149 pins.  I truly like my little collection of pins though.  If you'd like you can see them, here.  I've also added a new button to my sidebar and if you want to, you can follow me on Pinterest.

Today I thought I'd share a quick art project I did with Gabe and Nathan that was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest, stamping with celery.  I'm not going to say that I'm not creative, but I will say that I would never have thought to do this.  And yet, is was so easy and a lot of fun:


Nathan loves painting and drawing, more than Gabe did at his age.  It's funny that a little boy who is so very active will settle down for a few moments and concentrate on something he really loves:


Gabe wanted to mix colors, and then he also tried swirling the stamp to see what it would look like.  I think this last experiment of his was his favorite:


I'm hoping to share more "inspired by" projects as time goes on.  I'll admit though, that it is sometimes difficult to manage an art project, help or give instructions, and take photos at the same time.  Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it just doesn't.  If you are on Pinterest post a link to your boards in the comments.  I'm always looking for more inspiration.  Plus, I think part of the fun of Pinterest is being able to share found ideas with others who share your tastes and interests.  I'd love to see what you've pinned!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not on Pinterest, but I love your selections, especially the ones for Martha Stewart Crafts for kids, since they had to do with children's "collections."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been resisting Pinterest, but I may give in soon! I does look kind of fun.

    We've been eating a lot of celery from Costco these days since we've been trying to avoid local vegetables. My daughter suggested this very stamp idea the other day when she was cutting some for me... and I immediately forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder. I was looking for an activity for the younger boys today.

    I love your photos of Gabe. He is so adorable - I love his intent expression! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, if you all do this you will have to share your photos, or at least report back and tell me how it went! Gabe really did like this activity a lot. He is finally taking an interest in art and it has been fun to see him developing in this area.

    Aliza, I love the crafts that Martha and her staff come up with. There are so many great ideas on her website for all levels of crafter. Being more of a simple girl myself, I like that most of them are in fact easy to do, even if they don't always look that way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Donna! You did this! Soooo cool. I'll have to pick up more celery to give it a try. The twins will love doing this!
    I've made a bunch of recipes from my pinterest files, but am knee deep in home staging/prepping that I haven't had a spare second to post.
    I also used a few tips to spruce things up over here- the coolest was placing my gas stove burners in a ziploc bag overnight with a little ammonia. the grease and grime literally FELL off of them!

    I'm a HUGE pinterest fan- but you already know that ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...