September 5, 2011

the challenge series continues...

The eleventh sketch in the Stretch Your Sketches challenge went up on the Ella blog today.  This is the last month of the series and if you haven't had a chance to participate in the challenge so far, now is the time!  I am pretty excited about the prize package for this month - Lawn Fawn is our sponsor and they have generously donated three sets of stamps for the prize, including one of my favorite stamp sets, Say Cheese:


As I said, this set is one of my favorites and I used it on my layout for this week:


The journaling reads:  Nathan, daddy and I don’t really like cutting your hair. We absolutely love your curls, but after a while they start to get a bit, wild. So every few months, daddy takes you outside and gives you a haircut. He lets you play with the spray bottle so you’ll sit still (at least a little). Then we just wait until your hair gets crazy again…

Joining me this month in the challenge is Ella Friend, Diana Chen.  Diana said that she has been taking a break from scrapbooking for the summer and has been spending more time with her family.  She added that the timing of this challenge could not have been better for her.  She was so inspired by the sketch that she actually created three layouts!  Here is just one of them:

 

This layout is perfect in its simplicity.  I love the combination of the orange and red, which matches the outfits of her adorable twins, and that big polka dot scallop border up top.  Diana blogs at Scrapbooking from the heart where she shares layouts, inspiration, and her insights about this amazing hobby.

Please visit the Daily Trumpet to see the rest of Diana's wonderful layouts, the sketch that inspired all of the layouts this week, and the prize package for this month. 

I hope you will join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...