August 17, 2011

sketch number ten

Yesterday the tenth sketch in the Stretch Your Sketches challenge went up on the Ella blog.  I can hardly believe that the series is almost over (only two more sketches to go!)  I have had so much fun doing this challenge series with Ella and all of the Ella friends.  I wanted to interrupt my blogging break to share my layout from this past sketch:


I've actually had the sketch for this week in my notebook for some time and I have used it or a variation of it several times now.  Usually when I use a sketch I follow it fairly closely.  In this case, I really only used the sketch as a starting point for my layout.  As I went to edit the photos I planned on using and as I put together the layout I ended up moving things around quite a bit.  Even with all the changes I made, I think you can still tell that the design was inspired by the sketch.

These photos are from Mother's Day of this year and the journaling reads:  These are my Mother’s Day photos. You can’t really tell, but I’m holding onto Nathan mostly because he was trying to run away. And Gabe basically refused to look into the camera. Oh well, we tried. May 2011

Joining me this week in the challenge is Ella Friend, Mary Jo Johnston.  Mary Jo is an amazing card maker, and so I asked her to make a card from the sketch instead of a layout.  Instead of creating one card, she made two!  Here is a little sneak peek of one of her cards:


Mary Jo has been creating scrapbooks, handmade cards and paper crafts for nearly 10 years. Her love for photography and preserving memories has made this hobby a precious part of her life.

Mary Jo's designs range from clean lines and traditional to vintage and shabby chic.  She enjoys creating mini books and layouts, but has a true passion for cardmaking.  The tiny details that go into each card are what she enjoys most.  Her work can be seen in Creating Keepsakes, Paper Crafts Magazine, CARDS, Scrapbook TrendsSimply Handmade and Cantata Books. She has been a featured Designer of the Month for CARDS Magazine, and has more than 200 cards in publication.

Mary Jo lives in West Lafayette, Indiana with her husband and their five year old twins who are the subjects of her most precious scrapbook pages.  She blogs at Me and You + Two.


Be sure to visit The Daily Trumpet to see the sketch for this week as well as the full images of Mary Jo's adorable cards.  I really do love seeing what everyone comes up with using the sketches.  I always come away quite inspired and so I hope you will play along!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the creativity that comes from using your great sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...