August 29, 2011

it's a long ways off

To get back into the habit of blogging I've got to start somewhere.  I never meant for my blog to be solely a scrapbooking blog and I think when I'm in the habit of blogging it isn't.  But when I'm trying to just get a post in and share something, a scrapbook page is the easiest thing that comes to my mind.

Even though it is late August, and September is just around the corner, fall won't be showing up around these parts anytime soon.  Believe me when I say that I am thankful for the mild summer we have had this year, but it usually doesn't start truly cooling down until late November sometimes mid-December.  So in my mind, it is still summer, summer, summer.  It was a big surprise to me then when I received my October issue of Scrapbooks Etc. in the mail a couple of weeks back.  And an even bigger surprise when I was flipping through the magazine and noticed one of my layouts.  I just wasn't expecting to see it so soon!


I made this layout using photos I had taken for a day in the life project prompted by fellow Write.Click.Scrapbook. collective member, Emily Pitts.  I didn't take that many photos for that project because we were in the middle of our move, but I'm happy I participated and I actually really love all the photos and moments I did manage to capture that day.  By the way, you should go through the posts that Emily put together for that particular week, tons of ideas and photography inspiration.  The first post in that series can be found, here.  Then, just use the arrow tabs at the top of the post to continue reading through the week's posts. 

I will say that I am looking forward to fall; it is my favorite season.  With it comes apple picking, visiting the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating and Thanksgiving (oh, and daddy's birthday too!)  Even if the weather doesn't cool down until November, we love this time of year and it seems the boys do too. 

Before I go, I did want to say that we are praying for all those who have been effected by hurricane Irene.  We have family that were hit by the storm, they live in a flood zone and are unable to stay in their house at present.  If you could, take a moment to say a prayer for them? 

Until next time, God bless. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Donna! Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...