August 1, 2011

Cocoa Daisy's August Kit: Siren's Call

I have the very great privilege this month of being the guest designer at Cocoa Daisy.  They sent me this month's kit which is called Siren's Call and I had so much fun creating with it (unfortunately the kit is already sold out).  This kit is beautiful; it is filled with bright, bold colors and was perfect for scrapbooking some of my favorite summer photos.  I made three layouts and two cards with the kit and here they are:


This is my favorite photo from last summer.  We still haven't been the beach yet this year.  We need to go sometime soon!  I used Mister Huey's mist in Calico White on this layout to subdue the color of the blue cardstock just a bit.  My first time to mist ever.  I'm taking baby steps. =)


You might recognize this photo, summer wouldn't be the same without my new favorite beverage.


Early in the summer my husband spotted a box of Otter Pops at Costco.  He bought a box just as much for himself as he did for the boys.  They have all enjoyed taking breaks from their play to enjoy a sweet treat now and then.

The stamp from this month's kit is a set of banner pieces (and it is still available for sale as of this posting).  I used it to create this card:


I have been embossing a lot lately and it has been fun to incorporate this technique into my scrapbooking.

And one last card that I made from the scraps of my layouts:

  

I love that yellow paper above.  It's from Simple Stories and is called Hello Sunshine.  The other side is the circle print that I use on the Perfect layout.

Finally, I want to extend a big thank you to both Christine Drumheller and Ronda Palazzari for the opportunity to work with Cocoa Daisy this month.

I'll be back tomorrow with my Stretch Your Sketches challenge layout.  Just as a note, the sketches are going up on the first and third Tuesdays for this month.  Ella is celebrating Digital Scrapbooking Month and it kicks-off today.

Have a happy Monday. =)

5 comments:

  1. Love your projects with the kit Donna!
    So inspiring!!
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great pages and cards! Love the grid on the Beach Love layout. And the Hi card is too cute. I'm a novice mister too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pages those colors are fabulous! love the iced coffee page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments! I truly did have a lot of fun working with this kit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw you as guest designer there--congrats! Very exciting, and I love what you did. All the blue... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...