July 26, 2011

lazy days

A few weeks ago I talked a little about our summer mornings.  We have been in full summer mode for quite some time around here.  We pushed through that wall we had hit, and have managed to settle into a routine.  It's a bit of a lazy routine, but it works for now.  And while the rest of the country has been experiencing a heat wave, it's been rather mild here, unusually so I would say and I rather like it that way.

I didn't want to go weeks and weeks without posting here, and then pop-in one day and try to explain where I've been.  So I'm giving you advanced warning that blogging will probably be a bit on the lighter side for the next few weeks.  Truth is I need a bit of a blog vacation, just a little one.  I do plan on posting, just not as much as usual (my goal for the summer has been three times per week and I have met this goal aside from the week I was feeling ill).  Basically, with the school year coming soon I need to finalize our plans, order a few more books, and get organized for the year.  Now is the time... some things that I have been putting off just need to get done.  And while I've been enjoying these lazy days with the boys, I need to start making some changes in my own routines and habits so that I can slowly change the overall routine and add schooling into our days.

Before I leave for today I want to share a couple of layouts with you.  One aspect of these lazy days we've been enjoying is that I have been able to scrapbook inside, quietly, while the boys play outside.  This layout documents a bit of that play and is one of my favorite layouts from this summer:


I made this many weeks ago now, but I still love it.  The Toy Box collection from Crate Paper has to be one of the best boy-themed lines to come out in a while, at least I think so.  Another one of my favorite boy-themed collections is Rocket Age from October Afternoon.  This one will be especially useful since Gabe is obsessed with all things space and flight.  When we were in Seattle we visited the Museum of Flight.  He fell in love with rockets and has talked about nothing else since.  So a few weeks back we took a trip to the San Diego Air & Space Museum.  It is much smaller than the Museum of Flight, but Gabe loved it just as much.  They have  a special exhibit at the moment all about space and we got to see the Apollo 9 Command Module "Gumdrop" which is on loan from the Smithsonian:

 
Even though the museum is small, it is jam-packed and we didn't get to see everything in detail.  I foresee us making more trips there in the future.

How is your summer coming along?  Are you looking forward to the school year?  I always love to hear from my friends and readers, so take a moment to say hi?  Until next time, God bless. =)

3 comments:

  1. I am in denial that it's already August next week. I am not ready. Too many things left to do before the weather changes again. Very fun pages! Love all the ephemera on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe more than half the year is gone already! I love your pages, especially the first one! Woodgrain just has my heart, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely layouts. wonderful how the pattern on the helmet is echoed in the pattern paper in the border. Hope you'll link it up to my Little Boy themed challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/08/sandys-challenge-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...