July 4, 2011

the first Monday of July means...

Happy 4th of July!  I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend as much as we are.  Today we have a super-secret-surprise adventure planned for the boys.  Gabe in particular is going to get a big kick out of where we are headed today!

Before we head off, it is the first Monday of the month and so that means there is a new sketch in the


I wanted to share my layout from sketch number seven:


I finally documented our family's pickle love.  Just this weekend we went to Costco and I picked up another two pound bag of cucumbers.  We'll have a fresh batch of these soon. =)

Joining me this week is Ella Friend, Valerie Mangan.  Valerie is an incredibly talented card maker, and so to keep things a bit interesting in our challenge I asked her to make a card from the sketch instead of a layout.  Here is a little sneak peek:


Valerie says, "I’m a working wife & mom to two young children living in coastal New Jersey. I started scrapbooking (technically) when I was in my teens but became serious about the hobby when my daughter was born in 2003. I didn’t start making cards until 2008, when I was arm-twisted  talked into joining in on a card swap with some local crafters. Now I can’t imagine not making cards. The smaller canvas is ideal for trying out new techniques, design and product.  I’m always on the look-out for inspiration but my go-to source is my day job, where I work as an interior designer. I find trends in color, pattern and material are constantly crossing over into my papercrafts. When I’m not working on a paper project, I love to visit the city (New York), bake, take pictures and read about art and design."

Valerie blogs at paper & cookies where she shares her beautiful layouts and cards as well as her other creative pursuits.

Visit The Daily Trumpet to see the sketch for this week.  I really do love seeing what everyone comes up with using the sketches.  I usually come away quite inspired and so I hope you will play along!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to play along, Donna! I love working with your sketches :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...