June 6, 2011

You Can Help

I saw this over the weekend and I wanted to share it here.  Nikki Sivils of Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker has started a supply drive for the scrapbookers of Joplin, Missouri


If you are anything like me, and I know that a lot of you are, then you probably have more supplies than you need or you might already have supplies set aside that you no longer need or have room for.  I have a box of items that have been sitting around since we moved and I've been waiting to find somewhere to donate these items.  That box of supplies will be in the mail to Nikki this week.  She asks that you send all donations by June 22nd, you can find the address in the flyer above.

As scrapbookers we know how much this hobby means to us.  It can bring us peace in times of stress and it can be a way of focusing on our blessings.  I can speak from my own personal experience and tell you that it can also bring comfort in a time of grief.  Here is a small, but I think important way that we can bring some joy to those who have lost so much.

If you are not a scrapbooker, or if you are looking to do something more here are the donation pages for Catholic Charities USA and the American Red Cross.  I know it has been a couple of weeks since the devastation occurred in Joplin, but the road to recovery for the families who have lost their homes, their belongings and even loved ones is going to be a long one.  It is not too late to help.  If you haven't made a donation yet, now is the time.

We offer our continued prayers to all those who are suffering due to the recent natural disasters.  May God be with you in your time of grief and sorrow.

4 comments:

  1. i have goodies i can pass along to the Joplin scrappers, too. thanks for sharing this with me Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, I hadn't seen it. I'm going to definitely pack up a box of goodies and send it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect timing for me. I have a huge SB room and we're downsizing to a sailboat right now & have to get rid of LOTS of stuff. I'll be sending you box!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...